Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com

Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com The new www.K9Cushings.com is open! So this former temporary home is closed to new posts. Please go to www.k9cushings.com and check to see if your membership transferred there. It will remain viewable, however, until the transition to the new forum at http://www.k9cushings.com/forum is complete.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Kwiggles' Joe is starting lysodren

Great to read Joe is doing so well!! Glad to hear you are seeing the benefits of treatment - know is he glad too!!

Keep up the good work!!

MJ
Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxee'sDad View Post
Hi Karen,
Oh No another furr mom with a pair of scissors Usually a groomers worst nightmare One thing to remember....... it usually grows back

So glad to hear that "Joe Stewart" is doing better. Joe Stewart, hmmm and interesting combination or....maybe not

Sounds like Joe is a happy boy Good to hear good news

John (Roxee's Dad)

Joe Stewart- he he! Next thing he will be dancing around singing "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" (Oh well, as long as he doesn't want me to go out and get him a pair of spandex pants...
Old 05-12-2009, 08:36 PM

Karen,

Ah geez, get the boy whatever he wants!! You know, living so far north probably necessitates some sleek trousers!

MJ
Old 05-17-2009, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Kwiggles' Joe has passed

Dear friends,

I am writing this through my tears. Joe is gone, he passed away this afternoon. I always thought Cushings would be the last foe he would have to face at the end of his life, I never could have predicted this.

We were walking on our favorite road on Saturday afternoon as we had a thousand times before when 2 big dogs came running out of their yard and slammed into him. They knocked him down on the pavement and just started biting him. The owner eventually saw what was happening and called them back but by then the damage was done.

I rushed Joe to the emergency vet clinic where they stabilized him and early this morning they performed 2 hours of surgery on him. He had massive internal injuries. He came through the surgery but about 6 hours later, his heart just stopped, the surgeon said it was probably a blood clot.

I am devastated. Already I miss him like crazy, he was my little buddy, always by my side, so loyal and loving. I see him everywhere I look and I know I will for a long time to come.

My only comfort is that he had the best of care in his last hours, the emergency vet and technicians were so kind and gentle and skilled. I know they gave him the best chance of pulling through, it just wasn't meant to be. And now he is out of pain and suffering and fear.

I will write again when I can. Please give your babies an extra hug and kiss for me in memory of Joe.

Karen
Old 05-17-2009, 03:26 PM

Oh, Karen,

I am absolutely stunned and so very, very sorry for your loss. What a horrid experience for Joe and you to have to go through. OMG, I just want to give you a big hug and cry with you right now.

Please, when you are ready, do come back and write. Sharing can be healing. I will be giving my Munchie a big hug and kiss in memory of your Joe.

Peace, sweet Joe.

Love & Hugs,
Louise
Old 05-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Founding Member

Karen,

I haven't had a chance to post to you before, and I came to peek in and read through some threads. I came to your post almost right away. Something just made me check here...

I'm heartsick for you! What a horrible, tragic experience for you all. My eyes welled up and I just feel so sad for you.

I lost my Scoobie right after Christmas and I am still missing him like crazy...I know what an impact our little pups can have on our lives and it is HUGE.

I understand about thinking it would be the Cushing's...how we worry and fret over the disease and treatment and all that comes with it. And then to have something so completely out of the blue change all of that in a single sweep of a second....it's just beyond putting into words.

I am so so sorry...I wish there was something I could do or say to make you feel better right now. Please know that there are a million hearts going out to you as people see your news. And know too, that your Joe will always be remembered by the Cushing's family you have come to know.

Please take good care of yourself right now, Karen. Do what you need to do for yourself and give yourself this time. Again, I am so very very sorry!!

Lots of hugs being sent! Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie
Old 05-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Interim CC

Karen,

Well we are all just stunned by this sad turn of events... so hard to understand. I hope that you too are OK as this had to have been traumatic for you to witness... oh I feel just sick. I'm glad Joe was in such great hands and you handled it so well. Take care of yourself and when you feel like coming back to talk...please do. Big hugs and prayers from my house to yours.

Kim
Old 05-17-2009, 04:01 PM

Dearest Karen,

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your beloved Joe.

I know words can not do much for the pain you are feeling, but know we are all here and are grieving with you in this time of saddness.

Oh Karen, I wish there was more I could say or do for you right now to help.

Come back and post when you can...please.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:05 PM

Karen,
I am so stunned, I just want to reach out and hug you. I just can't imagine how I would react in the same situation. I'm just relieved Joe was in good hands with his care after the attack.

I am so, so sorry. Please know we are all here if you would like to talk.

Christy
Old 05-17-2009, 04:16 PM

Oh Karen, I am just heartsick to hear of the loss of kwiggles Joe. What an absolutely horrible tragedy. You are in my heart and prayers,

Cheryl