Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natalie's Chris

Natalie,

I meant to write yesterday on the anniversary of Chirs' crossing to the Bridge, but was ill myself and wasn't near a computer.

I will always remember your boy. He was such an inspiration to all of us and you took such wonderful care of him.

I hope he is chasing furry things and eating 'hammies' by the dozen.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Just passed the fifth year without our Christopher. We still miss you and think about you every day.

Chris, your neighbor buddy Herry passed away a few months ago and we sent her mom and dad a card with a picture of your nose and paws on it and let them know we would miss her as well.

Natalie

Comment

Love the mud bath picture. The timing is ironic as Kinser is standing outside barking to come into the house. He's not allowed in at the moment because on our hike he decided to go swamp swimming just as we neared the end. Will be hosing him down shortly

Thank you for sharing Chris with all of us and for creating this site. His memory lives on every day! Though I never knew him in this life, the help he has passed along is something I'll always be thankful for.
        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Chris (and you) left a lifetime legacy. But I know you'd rather have him. hugs, Judi
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Natalie,

I will always have a place in my heart for your Chris. Seems like it was only yesterday that he left us. Five years is a long time, but goes past so quickly.

Hugs,
            Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

it was chrisis story that got me to think outside the box for jesse

which i believe is why she is still here today

many thanks to you and chris

his legacy will probably outlive us all
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Natalie,

Thinking of you, the feeling of loss never goes away. Through you, Chris has helped so many. A beautiful way to keep his memory.

Barb
                Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Thanks for your notes all. It is unnerving that so much time can have passed already.

I was just talking about him this morning to someone who really wants a large, active breed of dog but who is never home.

I was telling him how Chris seemed like the last dog who would be hopelessly depressed being left with a pet sitter while we went on a two-week vacation. But there he was so sad and pathetic when we got back (he was young then, two or three years old) that it took him most of a week to recover! We promised him that day that we would never leave him behind again and we never did.

That and the story of Jack's back and reactive issues, which severely limit how much we can travel, were meant to hopefully convey the reality that adopting a dog or even buying one is a lot like having kids... you have all kinds of expectations about what they will be like and what you will be able to do together. We thought Jack would be able to go on long hikes and travel around the country... But even if you select very carefully, you don't know what exactly you will get and you need to be able to love that dog and meet his or her needs regardless.

Natalie

Comment

Natalie, I know it must still seem like yesterday and I can't imagine 5 years passing without Ali but dogs just simply don't live long enough IMO! Thinking of you.

But even if you select very carefully, you don't know what exactly you will get and you need to be able to love that dog and meet his or her needs regardless.
                    This is a large part of why I haven't jumped into getting another dog yet. I know the demands on my life right now and time is limited. Though I miss the companionship very much.
                    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Six years ago today Christopher... we miss you every day and talk about you all the time. Such a sweet and tolerant dog.

Natalie

Comment

me and jesse were not on the forum at the time Chris was present but i read his thread from top to bottom and did take some of that knowledge which was incorporated into jesses routine (a peace of the puzzle ) so i feel a part of chris lives in jesse and we will be forever grateful to you and chris
                        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Chris has saved so many lives. But I know you'd rather have him. hugs
                          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Natalie thank you to you and Chris for helping us all help/save our dogs
                            Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

I would love to have known Chris. Read his story several times early on in our journey and have watched a video of him navigating around blind many times.

I have no doubt you advocating for something more than sub-standard regulation gave Chris many more years with you. Many more memories to hold on to. He was a lucky pup with an amazing owner.

His story continues on here every single day as he helps so many other owners and their dogs navigate through their own journeys.
                              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Thinking of you and Jeff Natalie. Chris was one in a million!

I saw this today and loved it. No two paw prints alike either...

Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
                                X