Sophie has passed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am afraid the end is near - Sophie's story

I am so sorry. I'm glad she is no longer hurting.
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your baby. And I understand feeling some relief. I felt the same way about Sparky - horribly sad, but relieved that he wasn't suffering any more. I'm sure that Sparky met her at the Bridge, showed her around, and pulled out some of his very best treats to share with her.
      Last edited by Cara Sandler; 02-23-2015, 01:07 PM.
      Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

Thank you all so much. I miss her dearly. She had no quality of life and the vet felt that anything I tried to do was just a bandaid. I'm grateful for his honesty.

It comforts me to think other puppies who were so loved were there to greet her. I so hope she is healthy and running around, doing what she does best.....being the alpha! My sweet, sweet girl.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss; I know that my diabetic mom shows all of the newbies where the good stuff is
          Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Originally posted by sophiemarie View Post
            Thank you all so much. I miss her dearly. She had no quality of life and the vet felt that anything I tried to do was just a bandaid. I'm grateful for his honesty.

It comforts me to think other puppies who were so loved were there to greet her. I so hope she is healthy and running around, doing what she does best.....being the alpha! My sweet, sweet girl.
            I'm sure she is. That's what the Rainbow Bridge is all about :-)
            Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

Thank you all. Miss her terribly. Yesterday was bad for me. They have her ashes and I could not bring myself to pick them up today.

Comment

Re: Sophie has passed...

So sorry to hear your beautiful little girl has passed. Knowing they are out of pain and happy playing at Rainbow Bridge can seem like cold comfort when you just want to hold her one more time, cuddle her and play her favourite games. Acceptance does come, although it can be a rocky journey. We lost Clyde's brother in November, and yesterday I had a really bad day after having a vivid dream about him the previous night. Today, I feel a bit better, and I can only say, be kind to yourself, it's ok to be however you feel.

I'm sure my naughty little Rusty will be leading Sophie into all kinds of mischief. xx
                Clyde: born 21 Feb 2001, dx Dec 2013. Caninsulin 2 x 5u, Prednidale, Pred Forte eye drops. Weight 4.75kg

Comment

Working...
                X