Getting our fill of dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting our fill of dogs

She's mine for the night. Boy is she a ball of energy. But so very sweet. Can't believe her owners aren't frantic over her. No tags or chip. Tim looked for an hour and stopped a few places to see if anyone was asking about her. Nothing yet. Will post a few of my own pics when I can.
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

yay! enjoy her while you have her.
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Wow! I can't believe that you ended up with her for the night after all. It is strange that she has no ID and no one is frantically looking for her. Enjoy!

Comment

How odd that she is a golden puppy too?!

Comment

Wow - if no one is looking for her...no chip...no collar....I think she deserves to live with you - someone that WOULD frantically look for her, have her double collared, double chipped and in a bubble

Tami
            Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

she is a pretty girl

enjoy the puppy breath
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Patty,

I am beginning to believe in destiny.... I hope you had a wonderful evening with that pup... She is such a cutie.

You know the saying... 'Chic Magnet'.... I think you are a 'Pup Magnet'.

Barb
                Last edited by Abby's Mom; 03-12-2013, 08:03 AM.
                Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Oh, Patty, I'm so glad you got to take her home for the night. She looks like she would be quite the snugglie and kissy pup once she calmed down. If no owner is found I wonder if there might be a golden rescue organization close enough to your area that they might be willing to take her until a forever home could be found? Of course, I think you and Tim would provide a wonderful forever home for her but am respecting that you've mentioned waiting a bit before considering getting another dog. Regardless of how her story ends, I'm glad you and Tim got to enjoy some time with her.
                  Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Originally posted by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom View Post
                    someone that WOULD frantically look for her, have her double collared, double chipped and in a bubble
                    Haha, I love this Tami!

So, we had taken her by a vet office last night and found no chip. I stopped by Petco and picked up some sample bags of Wellness Puppy kibble, figuring she'd been eating kibble of some sort and didn't want to upset her little tummy with too much of a new food.

I waited until about 6:30pm to feed her 1/4 cup then feed another 1/4 cup at 7pm. I'd been trying to wait hoping her owners would call and she'd get dinner at home. She had some softer stools but luckily no runs from a food change.

This little girl was hypervigilant. Every little sound she turned her head. And followed me underfoot like a Vecro pup. I baby gated my living room/kitchen area and she stayed in there with me. While she was very active, she was also very respectful. Didn't chew on things she shouldn't, didn't try to get in my trash, wasn't real mouthy with her puppy teeth, she seemed to be housebroken too if you were paying attention (which I was!). She would go to the back door, sniff a second, walk a circle and that was it. I'd take her out and she'd go!

She was a jumper like most puppies are. Ali's toys are still sitting in the basket on the floor and she sniffed them but didn't play with anything I didn't give to her. (haha...Ali wasn't that good as a puppy . She was a mouthy, chewer).

She settled down about 10:30pm and slept on the floor, then on the pillow I had out. She start on her side and then rolled on her back with feet in the air. It took her about an hour and a half to get used to the sound of my humidifier glubbing as the water moved down in it. I took her out at 2:30am and she peed. I was worried about her little puppy bladder since she went so often in the evening.

This morning at 8:30am the housing office called and said her owner was there. So I ran her up to them. He was happy to see her. He didn't say much but had told them they'd just gotten her Sat. and she'd dug out of the yard. I guess they don't have any other dogs. I can see she has some separation anxiety. She's young and wants someone there constantly. Whines if you leave the room.

I told him I fed her 1/2c total last night and 3/4c food this AM though the instructions for a 30# dog were 3-3 1/2c a day (I know recommendations are usually a little high as well). He said oh that's plenty. Hmm. Said they'd been feeding her Kibbles and Bits and would switch when she was a bit older. Sounded like maybe they'd been just leaving food out but I can't imagine with the way she hoovered her food that it's around long. I did give him the Wellness sample bags I had gotten. She seemed to have some general itchiness, though she was very clean. I hope she's not an allergy girl.

She was a treat! Boy, I'd forgotten how much work puppies are! I did teach her to go out my dog door which was fun. I also made her sit before I put her food bowl down last night. Took her about a minute and a half to figure out what I wanted then this morning it only took her a 1/4 of that time. Fast learner!

Here's some pics of the Sweetheart. Found out her name is Duchess Be prepared for an onslaught of cuteness, LOL.

I kept trying to decide if she's mixed with anything. Her head might just be a blockier golden, not sure. Was fun for the night!

My sister is supposed to come this Wed-Sun so we'll be busy. Glad she found her way back to her new family.

Patty
                    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I agree with Tami...I would be out running until I collapsed to find her. Slowly, but surely a sign is being given to you... Have a great time with your sister Patty!

Comment

hope that gets them to identify there pup asap

if she dug out once she may do it again

you may have another visit down the road you never know

sounds like you two enjoyed each other very nice pup
                        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

If I were Duchess.... I would be heading back to Patty's as well -
                          Have fun with your sister... you must be very excited!!

Barb
                          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

She looks like she was very comfortable with you and your place in the pictures. A darling little girl! I hope she gets some ID and does well with her new family and home!

Comment

She is totally adorable! Glad you enjoyed some time with her - I could see her finding her way back to your home too - lol!
                              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Working...
                              X