Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kinser - vestibular disease?

Oh my gosh Holli,
    So,so so sorry for your loss of kinser.wow, what a time you have had. Rebecca must be completely heartbroken as you all are. Sounds like his last days were full of happy memories of favorite things.
    Bless you and hope for healing. Sissy and my thoughts are with you
    We are going through some loss also,as we just had to say goodbye to Fritz. Wish we had had a few more days,but it was unexpected. .
    Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Re: Kinser - Kinser has passed on... August 2016

Holli.... I am so very sorry to read of Kinser's passing. My apologies for being so late in writing to you.

What a lovely week Kinser had... such a grand old man. I'm sorry to know that the world is missing his good nature and charm.

It has been a hard time for your sweet daughter and for you and your husband. These times it really hurts to love so much. I know, though, that Decker and Kinser and Rascal and Bubby all had blessed lives with you. I have been volunteering at the shelter recently and I wish a Holli, John, and Rebecca home for every one of the dogs I meet there.

Natalie

Comment

Re: Kinser - Kinser has passed on... August 1, 2016

Holli,

I am so sorry to hear about Kinser. You and your family give so much love to all your furry ones, and when you do they leave such an emptiness inside. How is Rebecca doing? I know she is a bit older than when you lost Decker, but that does need mean it gets any easier.

Kinser was well loved, that is very obvious, and with you a long time. I loved his last week here on earth, but I know that he and Decker are playing once again, pain free.

Hugs,
        Barb
        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, beautiful words and condolences.

Jackie, I'm so sorry for your loss of Fritz - these fur babies - they steal our hearts so easily!

Life has kept us busy and distracted - but it seems each day there is a reminder of one of those who have passed on.

We had decided to let Toby be an only pet for awhile (not counting Abbott who comes to visit daily). Then we came across a situation where a 9 week old pup who found a home in Dec. 2014 was returned to her rescue organization in late August. She's a boarder collie/aussie mix. She lived with a family that had twin girls and a stay at home mom. Apparently she is a bit of a runner and they felt she needed a new home.

She has an approved adopter who already has one boarder collie and is investing in a fenced yard before officially adopting her into their family. We decided to foster her until they are able to have the fence put in. She's a sweet girl with lots of energy and herding instincts. She's also a bit skittish around new people and is very much a runner. Abbott is in love with her. Rebecca loves that she will sleep on her bed. Toby - he enjoys a good chase around the yard but is not thrilled that she is still in his home. John & I have been working on reinforcing some basic training with her. All in all the foster situation seems to be working for the time being.
          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Lol Holli,
            You've heard how many of us fail foster 101,lol...

Thanks about Fritz.Sissy and I do miss him. Sissy does seem to be failing.I think Fritz helped her see and kept her moving around more. I think she is adjusting though..

Thoughts to all of you. Hope all is good...
            Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

I'm just reading this today. I'm so sorry you had to let your beloved Kinser go. You were wonderful to him in his last days. Made me cry because I didn't have the opportunity to give Criss one more ice cream sundae.

I'm so sorry.
              Hugs,
              Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Originally posted by stylynjm View Post
                Lol Holli,
                You've heard how many of us fail foster 101,lol...

Thanks about Fritz.Sissy and I do miss him. Sissy does seem to be failing.I think Fritz helped her see and kept her moving around more. I think she is adjusting though..

Thoughts to all of you. Hope all is good...
                Jackie, I'm thankful she has an approved adopter already. I'd probably be in trouble if she didn't. She's great but I don't think we are 100% ready for a second dog. Enjoying getting her ready for her new forever home though.

I'm sorry to hear about Sissy and I hope she continues to adjust. Amazing how much one pet can help another without us humans even realizing what they are doing. Hugs to you and Sissy!
                Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Originally posted by bgdavis View Post
                  I'm just reading this today. I'm so sorry you had to let your beloved Kinser go. You were wonderful to him in his last days. Made me cry because I didn't have the opportunity to give Criss one more ice cream sundae.

I'm so sorry.
                  Hugs,
                  Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann
                  Thank you. I was very thankful to have had the time to spoil Kinser, especially after losing Decker somewhat unexpectedly. But it was extremely hard for John to get past what was coming to enjoy those last days - especially the last few hours. He felt like it was almost easier to have the end come suddenly than to have to face a new day knowing what was to come. I can understand his point of view too - it's such an individualized decision.

I've read Chriss Ann's story a few times. She was a beautiful girl who was lucky to have you as her human. Never really gets easier but it seems over time it just becomes more routine to go on without them.

I came across this, "Heartwarming Illustration Of A Dog’s Life Will Make You Want To Hug Your Pup Forever" today... you may need tissues to read....
                  http://barkpost.com/life/dog-life-illustration/

Comment

Originally posted by momofdecker View Post
                    I came across this, "Heartwarming Illustration Of A Dog’s Life Will Make You Want To Hug Your Pup Forever" today... you may need tissues to read....
                    http://barkpost.com/life/dog-life-illustration/
                    This is a great piece, Holli, ... thanks for sharing.
                    Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Holli,
                      I don't usually come to this section of the forum, so I'm just reading the news of Kinser today. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you were able to check off the things on his very own bucket list.

I know that the deep sadness felt after loosing a furry friend is a direct reflection the intensity of the love you shared for eachother. Kinser lived richly as the recipient of your great love, along with Decker, Rascal, and Bubby. My thoughts are with you, and your family.

Good luck with your foster girl! I hope she and Toby can bring you some smiles during the upcoming holidays.

Audrey
                      Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

Thank you, Audrey. There is a group of us at my work that have lost our senior pets this year. We have our good days and our more emotional ones, that's for sure.

Miss Paisley left for her forever home and is doing well. She is missed - especially those herding instincts which remind me so much of my diabetic Decker - but I'm happy she's found a forever home.

A few weeks ago my father in law started experiencing some medical problems and was hospitalized. He's still in the hospital and looks to be there for a few more weeks before hopefully being transferred to a rehab facility for a few weeks after that. His dog, Abbott, has come to stay with us full time until we are able to get dad back home. Always something to keep us on our toes.

Comment

Oh my! I never come over to this side of the forum!

I am so sorry for you loss, I hope that time is helping to heal. Again, sorry for missing this post
                          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Working...
                          X