Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Surpise meet my friend

I missed this too Dolly,

Congratulations she is a wee beauty, I am so glad for you and I know Niki will be glad to

This is what you need Dolly

Hugs

Margaret xxx
    Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Re: Surpise meet my friend Pip

I was looking at some pictures of dogs, I think Pip is mostly border collie with brittany spaniel in her, especially with her freckled nose and her paws are freckled and somewhat a little larger than Niki's with just the 2 dew claws on her front paws.

With all the snow and ice storms her, when she went outside with me, we would fall through the ice snow mixture, so of course Pip got a cut/abrasion from it and naturally she had to keep licking at it making it worse, that was about a month and a half ago.

We had her nails trimmed last week and naturally the vet wanted to know why I had the coban wrap or vet wrap on her leg. They mentioned the cone of course but Pip's whole little head was in that, like it was too large, she looked like a priest or something like that, so off with the cone, bought some more gauze and use the Derma-gel I've had and re wraped, that wrap is really good, I had asked the vet what that was when they used it on Niki awhile back.

Hopefully by friday it will be cleared up, always something, she's not free to have the house by herself yet when I am gone, I hated buying a crate but thats for her protection, God forbid what could happen by the time I got home, she's a holy terror and I know she'd get into everything, I should have gotten another dog a few years ago and Niki would have trained her, so I have a toddler now for the time being. Of course she is right here laying in back of my chair, she doesn't know yet she needs to go under the desk with me rolling the chair back & forth.

She's a baby and has really helped with the loss of Niki, at times I still think Niki is laying here and there, it takes time. If it makes any sense I get sad when I go to the store where I bought her ground turkey & vegetables, I always think of Niki then, only a diabetic pet owner could understand that.

Dolly
      Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

So good to see you back, Dolly, and to read your update on Pip. (A glorious name for a dog, right, Pam?)

Hope her paw heals up quickly now! Paws can be so difficult! That rough snow and ice is horrid on a dog's paws! Especially if street crews put down sand - and SALT!

I got lucky this past winter - moved house (horrid, horrid job) - and on my new street (one I lived on for 27 years previously, but now farther up the street), the crews didn't bother ploughing, nor sanding nor salting! Thank goodness!

But I couldn't walk Camellia anyway, because my driveway and street are on a slippery slope! And ONE jerk from Camellia on the leash would have sent me flying. At the OLD place, the driveway and road were flat, and I could walk Kwali and Kumbi safely just by planting my feet carefully.

Here, we were snowbound for nearly five days, Camellia braving the outside stairs, which were icy - to do her stuff when needed. That was very good of her, as she was only recently house-trained - by me!

I know what you mean about missing our diabetic dogs. Because I now live in a different place, I have fewer constant reminders of Kwali and Kumbi - but that makes little difference, oddly enough, as I still miss both a lot, a lot, a lot! As I do my earlier animal companions.

Do keep us posted on Pip!

Love, hugs, licks and wags,
        Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:56:27 (PDT)
        http://www.coherentdog.org/
        CarolW

Comment

Good to hear an update on Pip, Dolly! Hoping that paw heals up soon.

I crated Ali early on as well when we were gone. She too was a holy terror with the desire to chew . Eventually we progressed to a restricted area with baby gate, then finally she was deemed trustworthy where the only thing she destroyed was her stuffed toys. I left the crate up for a while and she liked taking naps in it with the door propped open.

I understand the associations with Niki. They are such a part of us.

Good to hear from you!
          Patty
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Hey Dolly - I know what you mean about Nikki. I still do that with my beloved Buddy. I miss that guy so much. He tore a foot and a half hole in my wall-to-wall carpeting, but I hated that carpeting - so we HAD to get new! I loved him even more.

Holy Terror? Nobody told you to name her Pip! LOL Just kidding. But yes, Carol it is a glorious name!

Looks like she's keeping you busy! It's hard work, but I miss the puppyhood sometimes. I think it's the puppy breath! Do you have any more pictures of her? I'll look at your site. Glad the paw is healing!

Hey, I got my Newman so that Pip could train him - now he barks like a lunatic too!

How are you doing Dolly?

Comment

Hi Dolly,

Just glad to see you posting some. Hope you and Pip are doing fine.

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Comment

So very very very good to hear from you Dolly! Of course Pip has an issue with the claw - what else would you do with your time? You need the "always something" lol!!!!

Tami, Soaphie and Sydney!!!
                Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by pgcor View Post
                  Hey Dolly - I know what you mean about Nikki. I still do that with my beloved Buddy. I miss that guy so much. He tore a foot and a half hole in my wall-to-wall carpeting, but I hated that carpeting - so we HAD to get new! I loved him even more.

Holy Terror? Nobody told you to name her Pip! LOL Just kidding. But yes, Carol it is a glorious name!

Looks like she's keeping you busy! It's hard work, but I miss the puppyhood sometimes. I think it's the puppy breath! Do you have any more pictures of her? I'll look at your site. Glad the paw is healing!

Hey, I got my Newman so that Pip could train him - now he barks like a lunatic too!

How are you doing Dolly?
                  I'm ok, just getting older and all the bs associated with that.
                  I think with Pippy..... what I have is a large fenced yard but I can see she is a digger, so I think I still will need to put up a run in the fenced yard, at times when I cannot keep an eye on her, like when I need to mow In the fall before winter set in, I'm looking from my garden shed and thought she looks like she's outside the fence, she was! there was a spot by my walkway where she somehow pushed the fenced and crawled under it or she crawled under the walkway to get under the fence, well then I had to go out & buy cement and some bricks! Mixing cement etc, it was around maybe 45 degrees and I was freezing and cursing.

Thank God she just ran up the hill a bit and I acted like I had a treat to give her. So I think I better start off with a run, when I brought her home first 3 weeks before it really got cold, she liked to eat a clump of dirt with grass, I think maybe that was due to being in a shelter & maybe no love there. She likes to eat snow, she follows me all around, she must think I am going to leave her, will cry when I go down to get the mail and barks when I come back (the barking is what Niki did when she was mad I was gone & didn't take her with me). I haven't taken her for lots of rides yet, she went into my trash in the car, well she's just a pup still, she don't know whats good to eat yet, I can't leash her in the car, too dangerous. I'm still leary of her trying to do a leap out of the car, Oh I don't remember going thru this with my other dogs, I most likely did and forgot as time went by.
                  Of course she sleeps with me, first day I got her put her in the bed so she'd feel she was safe, she probably thought what is this? since then she knows when we are going to bed and is in the bed before I am.
                  The Kong ball with the treats you put inside she want's nothing to do with it.

I got my work cut out for me and Pip once the weather breaks if it ever breaks, usually end of April its safe.

I haven't taken her wrap off her cut yet, maybe on weekend and I pray its healed, if it has a scab I'll have to wrap it again cuz she will chew the scab off. They just don't know we are trying to protect them.

Take care
                  Dolly & Angel Niki
                  Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Originally posted by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom View Post
                    So very very very good to hear from you Dolly! Of course Pip has an issue with the claw - what else would you do with your time? You need the "always something" lol!!!!

Tami, Soaphie and Sydney!!!
                    But of course

Comment

Originally posted by bgdavis View Post
                      Hi Dolly,

Just glad to see you posting some. Hope you and Pip are doing fine.

Bonnie and Angel Criss
                      Thanks Bonnie, we're doing ok and crazy as I mentioned to Pam, when I see your ID I always think of that cute picture I emailed you with the dogs in the snow, I still have it on my computer.

I hope all is well with you, I know its been awhile, off the milkshakes are ya?

Take care
                      Dolly & Angel Niki

Comment

Dolly - I get the BS part of getting older. I dread the spring because I know I've got to get out there and start working in the yard. Used to love it! What are we going to do?

I wanted to tell you that my Buddy was also an "escape artist" supreme! Always digging holes to get out of the yard. Just like Stalag 17! Eventually he stopped. But it took quite awhile. I hope that's not the case with Pip. My Buddy just liked to visit the other dogs in the neighborhood. Everytime I caught him outside the fence - I lost 10 years on my life. We just kept thinking - okay now it's secure! The dog run is probably a good idea.

I thing it's so cute how she learned to get in bed before you! They learn so fast! I am glad to read how you two are bonding. It really warms this old heart of mine!

Comment

...at times I still think Niki is laying here and there, it takes time. If it makes any sense I get sad when I go to the store where I bought her ground turkey & vegetables, I always think of Niki then,....

Dolly

I totally understand. My "new" little one (Izzy) is a rescue, and I still occassionally call her Ruffles. Guess "the Girl" is thinking of me! Izzy doesn't seem to mind, although she does know her own name because she turns her head when we call her.

You are right; it's good to have a little one to help ease the pain of loss.

Hope you and Pip are getting along well these days.

Mary
                          Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
                          Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
                          Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
                          Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Just a Hi to everyone

The weather is lousy here as usual, course it seems to be that way all over the country, rain, rain continuous, maybe by weekend it will be nice?

Pip is doing fine and will need to get her nails trimmed again, with all the rain I can't blame her for not wanting to out very long in the murky grass & mud, she still has a habit of eating dirt, not as much as when I brought her home, can't understand why she does that and I can't remember way back if my other dogs did it.
                            Dolly & Angel Niki

Comment

Hi Dolly,

Nice to hear from you! We're ducking tornadoes down here in Texas. Very scarey. Toby loves to eat wood chips which I am not very successfully trying to stop. I was told once they eat dirt to satisfy a mineral deficiency. Apparently so do some children. Not sure how true it is.
                              Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

My friend Pip

Pip's doing good, active as ever, her lil cut is finally healing and she's letting her leg alone.

She's very shy and hides when I correct her, I had read this about Brittany's, tho she's mostly border collie, I can see some of the Brittany side of her.
                                Last edited by eyelostit; 06-23-2011, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X