Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Free Pet Medication Card Helps Pet Owners Save on Prescription Pet Medications

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Free Pet Medication Card Helps Pet Owners Save on Prescription Pet Medications

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/01/prweb1854134.htm

New Free Pet Medication Card Helps Pet Owners Save on Prescription Pet Medications

A new free pet medication card, from the founders of YourRxCard.com, is now available through www.PetMedicationCard.com. The prescription drug card will help pet owners save on their cash payments for prescribed pet medications.

Baton Rouge, LA (PRWEB) January 14, 2009 -- The recession isn't only hard on Americans, but also their pets. Many pets are being given up daily due to tough economic times--people who lost their job or other income can no longer afford to take care of them. Pets at even greater risk are those with medical conditions requiring regular, and sometimes costly, prescription medications. Founders of www.YourRxCard.com, a free prescription drug card program helping Americans cut their own prescription drug costs, have launched a free pet medication card designed to help those who can't afford to pay the full cost of their pet's medications.

"Pets are often like members of the family," says PetMedicationCard.com President Rex Bowden Jr. "A slow economy is tough enough on a family already without having to give up a member over something like pet medication costs."

The free pet medication card can be generated and printed online by filling out a simple form, and will help Americans save on veterinary prescriptions at over 52,000 pharmacies nationwide. Savings vary on each medication, and may be as high as 75% off retail prices.

"Our card is completely free to use, and it's designed to ease the burden for owners of pets whether they require one-time or regular prescription medications," says Bowden. "Our mission involves helping people keep all members of their family healthy and happy--even the four-legged ones."

There are no deductibles, no waiting periods, and no exclusions for a pet's pre-existing conditions. All Americans with pets are eligible for a free pet medication card from PetMedicationCard.com.

Understanding that Americans may also be unable to afford other aspects of keeping their pets (such as buying pet food) given the current economic situation, PetMedicationCard.com recommends pet owners also browse additional pet financial aid options available through various communities and organizations, compiled by The Humane Society of the United States.

About PetMedicationCard.com

PetMedicationCard.com is a free pet medication card program offered to all American pet owners who want to cut their pet medication costs. The free cards can be activated and printed directly from the website, and brought to any of over 52,000 pharmacies for savings of up to 75% off retail prices. There are no deductibles, no waiting periods, and no pre-existing exclusions with the use of the card.

For more information about these free pet medication cards, please visit www.PetMedicationCard.com or contact Rex Bowden at 225-266-7941.

Re: New Free Pet Medication Card Helps Pet Owners Save on Prescription Pet Medication

Kathy,
    Was wondering how we can see the savings on the animal drugs using this card. Can't find any links for this?
    Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

Re: New Free Pet Medication Card Helps Pet Owners Save on Prescription Pet Medication

Marianne,

Somebody told me the way to see which pharmacies in your area take the card and what the meds savings are is to go to their human Rx website at:

http://www.yourrxcard.com/

http://yourrxcard.agelity.com/yourrx...ugpricing.aspx

Pricing

http://yourrxcard.agelity.com/yourrx...acysearch.aspx

Pharmacy Locator

http://www.yourrxcard.com/questions.php

Questions

"Support Hours:
      "Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. CST
      "Contacting us online live or through email will yield quicker answers. Have any questions?
      "Please give us a call at 1-866-561-1926 or email us at" comments@yourrxcard.com

Kathy

Comment

Thanks Kathy You ARE great you know!!!!! And efficient!!
        Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

Kathy,
          Another question?? ARe the drugs human drugs for animal use? Or animal drugs for animal use?

Comment

Marianne,

Since these are not exclusively veterinary pharmacies, I would have to believe these are drugs which can be used for people or animals from human pharmacies.

An example would be that I don't think they stock Vetsulin and U 40 syringes, but if you use human insulin--Lilly or Novo--and U 100 syringes, I think you could get them there.

Right now, Toodles has to take some prednisone. That's used to treat both people and animals and it's found in human pharmacies and veterinary ones. But when we discovered we needed to go with some of that, it was Sunday morning, so he's currently using my prescription for it I have here at home.

On medications like this--for both people and pets--there are times that the "people pharmacy" can be cheaper than having it filled at the vet. It depends on your vet's pricing for meds; Toodles isn't doing it because of that, but because he needed it then and I had it here at home.

Kathy

Comment

Thanks for that Kath, will let some other pets know.
              Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Working...
              X