• Show
Clear All

• Welcome Bradi!

Hi:
    I am new to this forum.
    Bradi 6 years 8 months
    16 lbs.
    Humulin N 5 units 2x day

Bradi was just diagnosed with diabetes. She went into ketoacidosis and was hospitalized for 2 days. We have her home but she wasn't eating the WD. We saw a post that someone baked the food. We did this and she is now eating it. We've been mixing some chicken or egg and some rice and veggies and she's eating well now.

Re: Welcome Bradi!

Welcome to you and Bradi!

Some of them can be SO fussy when it comes to food, but it sounds like you've already found your way "around" that problem.

Please tell us more about your girl and don't be afraid to ask any questions you have.

If you need help with posting a picture of Bradi (and you KNOW we're all dying to see her!), please let Natalie or me know and we'll give you a hand with that.

Glad you're here!

Kathy

I've copied your post with more information on Bradi here to Bradi's thread.
    Last edited by We Hope; 09-14-2009, 08:49 AM. Reason: re: copied post

Comment

New Member Bonnie & Bradi

Hi:
      I just joined this forum and thanks to all the posts I am feeling more confident that I will be able to manage Bradi's diabetes. Bradi is almost 7 years old. She's a yorkie poo weighing 16 lbs. She was just diagnosed with diabetes. She went into ketoacidosis and was hospitalized for 2 days. We took her home on Sat. She didn't want to eat the WD so I decided I'd cook for her. I read some of the posts and saw that someone baked the WD. I did this and Bradi is eating it. I mix some chicken, egg or vegetables in with it and she's been gobbling it up now for a few feedings. I hope this stays. She's on Humulin N 5 units 2x day. I'm still quite nervous about giving her the injection but am able to do it. I'd love any tips on managing Bradi's diabetes. Thanks
      Bonnie

Comment

Hi Bonnie,

Welcome to you and Bradi!

I'm anxious for a picture...

Are you doing any testing at home of urine or blood glucose?

Will the vet be doing a curve at some point?

It's great that you have her home safe and sound - I'm sure the keto must have been scary.

Am looking forward to hearing more about Bradi,

Natalie

Comment

Hi Bonnie,

Welcome to you and Bradi, you will get plenty of help here,you will be a dab hand in no time.

Hugs to you both.
          Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Hi Bonnie and Bradi, Welcome

Ask any questions even if you think they are silly, we have already asked them.

I feed Niki some Orijen dry food, turkey and raw chopped brocolli or green beans.

Niki has been a diabetic for almost 7 years now, you'll get the hang of this.

Again Welcome

Dolly and Niki
            Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Working...
            X