Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autoject 2 for humans vs Autoject 2 for dogs

Hello all, I am brand new to this site.

I was told that there are two Autoject 2 devices, one for humans and one for dogs. I was also told that for some reason it is better to purchase the one listed for humans even though it's purpose will be to inject insulin in my dog. However, in searching online I do not see two different types. Has anyone seen different types? If yes, has anyone heard that for whatever reason it is better to by the one made for humans?

I hope this thing makes it easier because it isn't going so well with me using the syringes. It's now become this overwhelming stressful situation every morning and every night. 😞

Thank you

Re: Autoject 2 for humans vs Autoject 2 for dogs

i haven't used this system . using a human version shouldn't make any difference as long as you are delivering the correct amount of insulin

there are things you can do to improve the experience . first and foremost you need to be calm . singing can be helpful for both of you . practice shots can be good just going through the motions over the day without giving a shot like pulling up the skin and maybe use the needle but leave the cap on it

there is no choice that it has to be done . usually its more about a dogs space being invaded over pain everyone figures it out eventually .

what location is the shot being given
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Working...
    X