Abby's Story - 12.24.1999 to 12.31.2013 - Forever in our hearts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Abby's Story - 12.24.1999 to 12.31.2013 - Forever in our hearts

Time does fly! Remembering Abby and your dedication to her well being. Wondering often why these beautiful beings couldn't be with us longer.

Give Duncan a scratch or two for me.
    Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Barb,
      Three years doesn't seem possible. It's amazing how much our hearts expand to love in so many different ways. These fur babies have so much to teach us as long as we are open to learning from them.

Missing your sweet Abby. Glad You have Duncan to love and make you smile.

Holli
      Last edited by momofdecker; 01-01-2017, 09:46 AM.
      Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Oh my Barb,
        How time goes by, and yet it seems like the last few days are stopped in time...
        Abby taught us all so much.what a sweet girl.

New years hugs your way
        Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

How can this simple animal teach us anything ? they look nothing like us dont speak our language cant even drive a car .

well there are things out there that we just cant see and dogs and small children can see . they have an understanding that just naturally comes to them that we struggle to comprehend . Maybe our logic gets in the way

Jesses education process of me gave me a touch of that other special place that maybe most think lives in our imagination but really it exists and is very real

maybe once in our life is that very special spirit that lifts up up beyond what we could do ourselves and abby was one of those for you barb . It forever changed you for the better which means abby became apart of you forever as her personality became part of yours
          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I feel guilty sometimes when I look at my needy Ranger and miss my Jenny. But Abby was definitely a special sweet girl so I get your feelings.
            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I don't go into a cul de sac without thinking of Abby- What as special girl
              Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Abby... it's hard when the anniversary of a dog's passing falls on a day that marks so much. We lost a kitty on New Year's Eve years ago.

Scary how fast the time goes by. Our once "baby" Jack, adopted at about one year of age shortly after Chris passed away, is now nine years old.

Abby was such a sweet and beautiful girl. Not the sort of thing you ever get over...

Natalie

Comment

Came across this on a Westie site that I belong to today, so I can not help posting here. My Abby still fills my heart after 5 years of losing her.

Grief never ends, but it changes.
                  It's a passage, not a place to stay
                  Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith
                  It is the price of love....
                  Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Barb you did such a wonderful job with Abby . Your dedication to searching and improving abbys needs was special to read .
                    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Barb,
                      Hello and Happy New Year. Wow, time escapes us. Abby was such a sweet girl and I'm sure she is with you always. It has been 2 yrs for my Sissy. I miss her so much.. She and Abby are playing I hope.
                      Hugs to you and yours .
                      Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Working...
                      X