My Chief has passed my cushings dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Chief has passed my cushings dog

Chief is the white dog, Niki is on the right, this picture was taken in Wyoming awhile back while we were resting at a rest stop.

This was very unexpected as I knew it was coming from his bad legs, but he was having on and off nose bleeds little ones, today it was really bad so much blood, thankfully it stopped after 1/2 hr after I was calling the vet, trying to give Niki her shot, and make an arrangement for someone to dig his grave for me.

By the time we got to the vet his legs really did give out, the vet suggested it must of been a tumor in his brain, or from the cushings being dogs don't really get alot of nose bleeds. She had a hard time trying to find a vein because his veins were collapsing.

I buried him last nite, I thank God for a excavator who dug his grave for me, wanting nothing in return, he had brought along his son who was home from Iraq after 2 tours. I had never met the excavator man before, another fellow who knows me told me to call him when I knew this may happen to Chief. I swear you get more kindness from strangers

When brought Chief home he was rapped in this big heavy blanket I had, only thing I could think of with the rush to get to vet, so I unwrapped him and put him in a nice bright yellow sheet, I lined his grave with pine boughs set him in it and put pine boughs on top of him and buried him. Tommorrow I will get the big rocks for atop his grave and use some vinca plants and some temporary ground cover to make it nice, after awhile I will come up with some plant's to plant there to make it look real nice and a garden light, he is laying next to Gandy in the shade my doggie who passed last year.

Chief was 14 yrs old, his hips and legs were getting really bad, Diag. with Cushings in 2005 3 yrs ago did well with it until the nosebleeds which started about 2 months ago, the nosebleeds were maybe every 2 weeks just a little bleed but his nosebleed 2 wks ago was worse, and yesterdays was really bad.

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
    And pain should keep me from my sleep,
    Then you must do what must be done,
    For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
    Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
    For this day, more than all the rest,
    Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
    What is to come can hold no fears.
    You'd not want me to suffer so;
    The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
    And please stay with me till the end.
    Hold me firm and speak to me,
    Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
    The kindness that you did for me.
    Although my tail its last has waved,
    From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
    Who had this painful thing to do.
    We've been so close, we two, these years;
    Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog;
    but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog.

My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

Well I went from having 4 dogs now there is one my Niki, I missed Chief when I fed Niki tonite, there was usually his excitement at the sound of food.

I am so sad right now, I will close, be back at late date.
    Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Re: My Chief has passed my cushings dog

I so sorry to hear Chief passed. It is not fair that we only have them for a short time. He sure was beautiful.

Dawn and the girls

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about Chief! You are so right about the kindness of strangers! The work that is done on this forum is another perfect example.
      He was a very handsome fellow!

Debbie and Apollo
      Apollo -13.2 lbs. Since 12/24/06. Vetsulin - 7.0 units 2x's a day. Royal Canin-Digestive Low Fat LF dry & canned. Chlorestoral meds once a day. Fish Oil 2x's a day. Potassium Citrate Granules for bladder stones.

Comment

I'm so sorry for the loss of Chief. He was truly a handsome boy. He looks so regal in that picture, like he owns the world.

Bonnie and Crissy

Comment

What a beautiful guy you shared your life with for the past 14 years! He was lucky to have you and you were lucky to have him.

Bonnie is right--Chief looks like the king--and right next to him is Queen Niki, ruling over Montana and everywhere else they went.

It's never easy to lose them, but when they've been with us for a long time, we can at least be grateful that we were able to have them for that long.

All of our dear ones stay with us in our minds and hearts, so he's still there with you--every time you think of him.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about Chief. He was beautiful and well loved and now he will be missed.
            Jenny & Buddy

Comment

I am very sad to hear about your Chief! Tears have filled my eyes You were a great furmom Godspeed Chief!!! BTW He was beautiful
              Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

I am so very sorry to hear about Chief. He was a beautiful dog. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you and Niki.
                Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

I send my condolenses to you as well - Chief was beautiful - so regal looking. To have him for 14 years is such a testament to your good care! How wonderful that you had someone to help bury him. What a wonderful family they must be! Take care of yourself - Jody

Comment

Awww Dolly.... I know you'd been kind of expecting this to happen sooner rather than later but it is always always too soon. I'm so sorry to hear that he has gone.

What a beautiful picture! Chief was a great name for him. With all that northern type breed in him, I'll bet he loved Wyoming.

I thought that somewhere I had some information about how he came to you but I couldn't find it. Maybe it is in the thread on Niki's story...

How did you wind up with Chief in your life?

Godspeed to Chief and a big hug to you and Niki tonight,

Natalie

Comment

Someone had bought Chief as a puppy for a Xmas Gift for their kids, after the excitement wore off, they left him changed to one of those things you screw into the ground, my husband & his work buddy had seen him and felt bad for him.

The owners asked my husbands buddy if he wanted him, so he took him, then he did not get along with their pug, plus he kept breaking his run, finally he asked my husband if we wanted him......

so my husband calls me and tells me of this beautiful white dog and he would like to bring him home, I say well we already have 2 dogs, he says well we have all that land, and this dog needs to run (at the time we had 3 acres), I knew he wanted him so I said OK, so then he brought him home, so I then had Chief, my shepard/coyote and lab/weiner dog.

So thats how Chief came into our lives.

3 yrs later Niki appeared at work, so I called my husband and said remember when you wanted to bring that White dog home, well there's this dog at work and she looks so underfed and she must of ran away, so he says we have 3 dogs, and I say well we have all that land.

Now I'm down to 1 doggie, house feels empty, I really am used to 2 dogs or more, time will tell, Niki is sad too, she's not wanting to go out in the yard much I think she used Chief as her lead to go out further in the yard, he was her big brother.

Here is another pic of Chief

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Last edited by eyelostit; 06-27-2008, 10:27 PM.
                      Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

That's right... I know you told me the story but I couldn't lay my hands on it. What a lucky boy Chief was and a lucky girl Niki is. Thank you for taking time to post some pictures.

Comment

Your welcome,

ya he sure was my nice boy, little soldier

Comment

It's hard when your dog misses her companion but maybe is a little too old and grumpy to manage a new one.

Comment

Cheif looked like a wonderful big handsome guy. He obviously would not have made it to 14 years without vast amounts of love and care. I'm sure he happily gave you back every bit of that. I'm truly sorry for your loss. Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X