Canadian members - Where do you buy U40 syringes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian members - Where do you buy U40 syringes

I was contacted by someone in Ontario Canada concerned about the cost of treating her newly diagnosed diabetic dog as she's on a fixed income.

How much for NPH and syringes there?

Natalie

Re: Canadian members - cost?

Natalie,

While I don't have pricing, I see that WalMart has stores in Canada and they would be selling the ReliOn insulin and syringes the same as they do in the US. Would believe there's a similar savings there as here with them also.

http://www.walmart.com/cservice/ca_storefinder.gsp

"To find a Wal-Mart store in Canada, call 1-800-328-0402 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET) Monday-Friday."

This might be a possibility.

Kathy

Comment

Natalie, the only member I know from Ont. is Jo-anne ( and Lady). I cannot tell you anything about insulin here in Canada.....
      Besides Wal-Mart there is London Drugs...they have big assortment of diabetic supplies. Their prices are not bad either and they are very helpfull.
      Hope this is some help!
      Marion

Comment

I think I'll email Jo-anne and see if she can help, perhaps talk to this lady directly via email. I heard back from her and she is very worried and needs some assistance sorting this out.

Comment

Hi Natalie,
          Just did a bit of googling and came up with this.

http://www.diabetesexpress.ca/

Shipping is free over $150 and only $7.95 under $150 and it's in Canada.

The prices look ok to me but of course I pay more in Australia so there may be better options.

Jenny & Buddy

Comment

I was just having a peek here and came across this thread. Yes, Walmart was the cheapest to get syringes, and they are everywhere as well, depending where she is in Ontario too. I'm in Manitoba. Also for the insulin, she can check PetPharm.org as long as she has a prescription that she can fax in. That is were I used to get Reiko's caninsulin...way cheaper than from the vet, even with shipping. I usually ordered 10 vials at a time and they shipped purolator. Now they don't ship prescriptions out of province, but she is in Ontario, so won't have to worry about that. Worth a try anyway.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi everyone,
              Have just been off the forums for a couple of days but have been on my hotmail so got Natalie's message this am and have responded to her with my phone number.
              The PetPharm.org site should be interesting but this other lady should probably try a human insulin if she's just getting started, especially with a big dog. But then, my Lady gets 14iu's each injection so maybe I should be finding a cheaper place to buy Caninsulin than our vet. Treating both diseases is very expensive especially as the closest vet clinic costs $100 round trip in gas just to get there! Then there's the motel cost before we even get into the clinic!!
              Hope I hear from this lady soon,
              Jo-Ann & Lady

Comment

Hi Jo-Ann,

Thank you SO MUCH for offering to help. I have sent her emails to you and your email address to her.

Her Lady was going to be at the vet all day yesterday, I presume for a curve on her first shot of insulin so I'm very anxious to hear how it went.

Natalie

Comment

Re: Canadian members - Where do you buy U40 syringes

Terry was asking me about buying U40 syringes as she's currently using the 28 gauge ones that come with Caninsulin.

Anyone in Canada using U40 syringes - what's available and where do you buy them?

Natalie

Comment

U40 syringes can be expensive and sometimes hard to come by, it would be cheaper to use U100 syringes and do the conversion, with the U100 syringes there is the choice of using a smaller needle such as 30 or 31 gauge which also makes the injection less painful on the pet.
                    http://www.felinediabetes.com/insulin-conversions.htm
                    Eileen

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

oooops, after posting I now see that this discussion has already taken place on another thread. Eileen

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

wow...everyone has been so helpful...thank you very much

Comment

We get ours from PetMeds -- they will MATCH any price you find on the internet --
                          just call, have your information and you'll be good to go!
                          They usually send a coupon so I get another few $$$$ off plus free shipping.

Debbie and Apollo
                          Apollo -13.2 lbs. Since 12/24/06. Vetsulin - 7.0 units 2x's a day. Royal Canin-Digestive Low Fat LF dry & canned. Chlorestoral meds once a day. Fish Oil 2x's a day. Potassium Citrate Granules for bladder stones.

Comment

http://www.1800petmeds.com/U-40+Syri...prod10725.html

Here's the site's page for them. Their pricing is a bit higher than the other places I visited, but the real test will be how much they propose to charge for shipping.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/help.jsp

Contact us

Callng or e-mailing them couldn't hurt.

Kathy

Comment

Hi,
                              I'm just seeing this now as we've not been on the computer much this weekend....too many computer problems!! I'm in Northwestern Ontario and I order my U40 syringes from UltiCare...they're 29 gauge and they have the best barrel for my hand. I've seen some U100's, 29 or 30 gauge (Monojet ?) in our pharmacy and their barrel is even shorter.
                              I'm not sure exactly what I pay for the U40's from the US as there is another fee added separately for FedEx Trader(?) to handle the syringes coming across the border and I usually buy 200 at a time. I've also been in the US every once in awhile to buy them in person.
                              I'll check and come back,
                              Jo-Ann

Comment

Working...
                              X