Any one have experience with Tramadol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any one have experience with Tramadol

Well, yesterday was a very emotional day for us. Cleo turned 11 yesterday and our little Buddy never had that chance. If you recall, we also had an appointment at the vet for Cleo.

The blood work came back very good and I was pleasantly surprised, mostly extremely relieved especially the liver values.

We did have the X-rays done, without sedation (thank you Yunhee).
    The leg that Cleo had surgery on shows degeneration at the hip
    The other leg shows significant osteoarthritis at the knee.
    However, the vet did manual manipulations and Cleo didn't seem to mind to much and the vet suspects that neither of the above problems are the cause of her limping and pain. He thinks she may have a soft tissue injury which does not show on the x-rays.

For that, she is on .5mg of Metacam and 25mg of Tramador twice a day and last night, we noticed already that she wasn't panting from the pain and sleeping a lot more peacefully. He asked us to restrict physical activities so the princess is prevented from jumping on/off the couch, steps, etc.and no walks. We will try this and see if it brings relief. Meanwhile, I am reading up on GDP AND HYALANURIC ACID (Thanks Natalie), keeping Adequan in mind and see if I can get it in Canada or even find an online shop that will ship to Canada.

I have said on a few occasions that Cleo is not the same since Buddy left and that goes also for her drinking, peeing. One never drank without the other one, never went out without the other one and we had noticed that many mornings when we got up and put her outside, she wouldn't pee and many times at night, she wouldn't got for a last pee. We also noticed that also drank less. The urine showed some blood and infection so the vet gave her an injectable antibiotic (Convenia). It was originally was skin irritation but has had very good results for UTI. We will go back in 2 weeks for another culture.

Her eye that had the ulcer showed a bit of irritation so we also have to put one drop of Fucithalmic and continue to put Genteal in both eyes at night.

Thank you for all the information, suggestions and advice. As usual, what would we ever do without this board.

Louise

Comment

Happy Birthday and hang in there, Cleo!

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Comment

Louise I read back through Buddy's thread and cried for you, your husband and Cleo at his passing.

I hope Cleo is feeling better but over at the Cushings forum folks were commenting that they normally give 1/2 the dose the vet suggests of Tramadol. I don't know if it is because Cush dogs are more prone to issues or what. I have no experience.

Maybe Natalie or someone with more knowledge than I have can weigh in.

xoxo, Judi
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Happy Birthday Cleo!!!
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
            Happy Birthday Cleo!!!
            from, Texas. too!

Mary
            Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
            Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
            Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
            Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Working...
            X