Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What am I doing???

Welcome to Kitty!

My old cat Molly recently went OTRB and Ruby the MinPin needed a new buddy, so she got a pet kitten! Kitty keeps Ruby on her toes! She must guard her "stuff", wash the kitty, herd her, snuggle her, play with her, and monitor her whereabouts!

Cats are generally easy, Ive always had cats and dogs together...the night time crazies will slow down, and the litter box use will slow down as they grow .

Ive had a few panic sessions when I couldn't find her as well, then she nonchalantly "appears" out of nowhere, after Ive searched everywhere.

Also, watch for windows/screens, that they are secured properly, so she doesn't jump/fall if she sees something out the window!

Loosely crumpled tin foil works for some cats to keep them off counters, etc, they see the tin foil on the surface and seem to dislike it.

Watch for plants, medicines, food that can be knocked down/eaten.

Mine have several times worked as a "tag team" Kitty knocks down the kibble bucket, doggy chews off the lid, and they feast!

Recently Kitty knocked down some cough candies, and I found them both licking them on the floor - probably not great for the blood sugar

They both had Lemony, Mentholatum Breath! LOL
    Steph & Ruby - Red Min Pin, Age 13, Diabetes Diagnosed July 2012, On 4u Caninsulin twice a day, weight 4.5 kilos, struggles with IBD and Pancreatitis occassionally, food Royal Canine Gastro low fat, loves fruits & veggies, hobbies: Perimeter Security, Sleeping in blankets, car rides, walks, hiding and burying beanie babies.

Comment

Originally posted by MinPin View Post

They both had Lemony, Mentholatum Breath! LOL
      ha ha ha. how cute are they?
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Debbie

I'm following your steep learning curve with interest as it pertains to owning a cat.

To answer your question in your title, <You are just being you, an animal lover<

Louise

Comment

Thanks everyone! She's really keeping me on my toes. Lost her again this morning, she found her way into an old table in the basement with missing drawers. Had to coax her out because she was stuck. Really didn't think I'd have to worrying so soon all over again. I'm really too neurotic to have animal! I worry and scary very easily. I'm gettin too old for this! These past years have really aged me.

I bought her thus disk track thing with a ball that tweets when she rolls it and feathers, all I hear is tweeting all the time. Joey says that if that's not the most annoying thing ever he doesn't know what îs! She didn't like wellness- go figure right. It's crazy but she has the same coloring as nibbles.

She has her first vet appointment Monday night at 730 so gonna need some luck. I don't know how I'm gonna be able to walk in that office and nôt cry. Definetly can't go into that room so they'll have to put me in another. Wish us luck, I'm scared of course.
          I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

Hi there,
            I recently adopted a stray kitten too or rather she adopted us as it usually goes around here. I was a dog person also until I discovered cats 25 years ago (my kitty Gooch died at 22 :-( and I haven't been the same since.. sigh )
            There was a toy product in the U.S. I used to use I think it was called a cat dancer, which was basically a long thickish (bendable but rigid enough) wire with bits of cardboard twisted at the ends. The possibilities with this were endless... You can even rig it up like in the crack of a door when you get tired but I guarantee you will be entertained for hours not to mention the kitty.
            And patience, you will need. They have a lot of energy. Anything that can be batted under the refrigerator, they will do it. So small precious objects keep tucked away.
            Also, ear mites. Black gungy stuff in the ears accompanied by itching. All my rescues had them.
            And as for those pounce treats, save them. She will love them one day and they will come in handy when you lose her. all you will have to do is shake the bottle and she will appear- that happened to me when I lost her down town Manhattan- she jumped out the window
            They are wonderful creatures, as you are beginning to see!
            Eliza and Angel Olive, a schipperke in Greece

Comment

Ok, I got myself so worked up today that my belly hurt and could barely work. I really was nervous and dreading going back to my vet tonight. Our appointment was for 715. Around 500 they called and asked to reschedule because they had a ton of emergencies. In all the years of going there, this has never happened! We rescheduled for next Monday. I had a sense of relief, but really wanna get pia checked out, shots etc. and see if she's spayed. I walk out of work and the sky opened and just stormed. We would have been on the highway stuck in traffic had we gone.

I was scared to go back and really didn't even wanna see that one room where it all ended. I'm gonna need to build the courage back up for next Monday.

Pia is a real cutey! Has really made herself at home here. Made her a heart shaped name tag at petsmart with my address on the back, guess we're engaged! She sleeps with her paws over her eyes like playing peek a boo.

Okay, back to psyching myself up for another week!
              I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

Originally posted by nibbles-mommy View Post
                I was scared to go back and really didn't even wanna see that one room where it all ended. I'm gonna need to build the courage back up for next Monday. Okay, back to psyching myself up for another week!
                I really know how you feel on that one Debbie. When we took Cleo in <that< room, I cried like a baby. Fortunately, the vet staff know you and know what you have been through with Nibbles and I am sure they will understand.

Your Nibbles sent you little Pia to care for and I'm sure he is smiling down on your from the Rainbow bridge.

I pic of Pia sleeping with her paws over her eyes would be nice. She must be so cute

Louise

Comment

Aw, Debbie! I think the same thing...Nibbles sent Pia to you! You needed a baby to care for and Pia needed a home so Nibbles just fixed things! You'll be ok at the vet...it's hard to go back but they are obviously great folks and care for you, too! Keep your chin up! Hugs!
                  Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Wish us luck, our appointment is tonight at 7pm. Please pray she is already spayed and that they don't have to carry me out on a stretcher!

Comment

Nibbles will be watching over you and I'll be thinking of you.

Hoping that all goes well with little Pia

Louise

Comment

Will do Debbie...thinking of you!
                        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Hoping all goes well for you and Pia!
                          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Looking for an update. Big hugs Debbie
                            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

She's healthy! Confirmed around 8-9 months old. Heart and lungs sound good, she's in great condition, eyes, ears, everything. He kept her and is spaying her tomorrow, then shots after surgery and nail clipping.

She was so good , actually tested her head on her paw and slept in the table. Then they shaved her belly to see if there was a scar from spainf and she flipped! After she was fine but I picked her up and the biotch hissed at me and scratched me. I was so hurt (and scared) I said please god don't let her bebone if those mean cats. Doc said she's just scared.

So we pick her up on Wednesday. We're microchipping also. Pray she's ok, and comes through with flying colors.

Comment

Scratch my last post.

Vet just called at 10pm, he got the preop results back and she has significant high liver levels . Alt and alk really high one was 629 but i blacked out and couldnt find a pen to write it down fast enough indicating something is actively destroying the liver. Could be a parasite, trauma, or bacterial infection. He said it could also be liver disease, cancer etc. but said because if her physical condition, disposition etc. he's leaning toward parasite or infection. If it is something more serious, we caught it real early.

He said we could go ahead and spay and he could work the anesthesia around it but would suggest to hold off and be aggressive with antibiotics for a few weeks. So we're holding off for now. It's too late to pick her up so we'll have to get her tomorrow.

What could this possibly be for her being so young? Do you think this is something extremely serious? I'm so worried now I feel sick

Comment

Working...
                                X