No announcement yet.

Patty's Ali - my precious, beautiful angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali gave hope to so many and I am glad to say I gained so much from her journey. I will never forget your signature line "Time is precious". I spent the last year with Maggie trying to savor every moment and making it count. It is easy to fall into the routine trap and forget that there is a reason why we go to the lengths we do. Thank you for the perspective, as always.
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

• Re: Patty's Ali - my precious, beautiful angel

Sending a kiss skyward to Ali girl...

Natalie

Comment

Thinking of you and remembering your beautiful Ali. Love the idea of an "Ali calendar" - hope it helps to bring a smile on those difficult days.

Holli
        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Patty,

Four years....it just does not seem that long. Thinking of you and reflecting on all your support that you provided, even during the most difficult times.

I will always remember Ali.....two toys, picnic bench, rabbits, waiting at the window, and she loved her antlers.

She is still missed, tremendously.

Barb
          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Remembering all that you taught me, sweet Ali-girl. I appreciate so much more in life and see things from a completely different perspective since your life touched mine.

I may not frequent here often anymore but Ali is very much a part of everything I do, as well as the people on this board who offered kindness, patience, and knowledge as I learned how to give her the best I knew how!

Today is the anniversary of letting her go and finding peace, not due to diabetes, but from seizures resulting from a brain tumor.

Sending you love Ali-girl and offering thanks to all who helped us along the way!
            Patty
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Ali was such a big part of the forum and is still helping dogs with the disease to this day .
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Hi Patty. I still get notified when you post in this thread, so I just wanted to pop in and say hello and hope you're doing well.
                Like you and Ali, I still think about my sweet Bailey, the help you and everyone else here gave us, the love Bailey gave me throughout his fight against his diabetes and the impact he had on my life.

Take Care

Pat

Comment

Hey Patty, ... great to hear from you and your ongoing devotion to your Ali. Many have similar feelings for their departed fur babies, ... I know I do for Otis.

Guess, a positive residual of our pups' disease is the intimacy we developed with them via the nature of the care we provided for them. I wouldn't trade a second of it.
                  Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Patty,

Good to hear from you. I will always remember your beautiful Ali.

I lost my last two pups, Sugar and Hank, in the last 10 months and doubt if I have another furry baby.

Take care,
                    Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Thanks Jesse girl. I love seeing Jesse's updates when I do pop on here.

Pat! So good to read your note. I often wonder how folks are after we move on and our pups are no longer here. Love that you still have a notification set

Bill, I couldn't agree more. You learn to read their every sign and it just links you for life. Changes our outlook. I am so appreciative of all I'm able to do in a new way, but would not have changed caring for my girl for a second, no matter how hard it was sometimes.

Bonnie, they surely don't live long enough. Probably why I still have yet to get another. I love on those I encounter but will wait until we retire I think to take that leap again.

We are living overseas for a few years at the moment. So, I am glad we don't have a pet when we travel longer distances I don't want to feel I am neglecting a member of our family when she wouldn't be able to come with. At the same time, so many places are more dog friendly here it is wonderful to see.

I always viewed our time with canine diabetes as a season of life. It truly is, though it often felt like it was a puzzle that someone kept shaking the pieces up on me when I almost had it solved.

Sending you all love from us!
                      Patty
                      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Patty,

I remember the day you lost Ali, and the pain, as she was all of our dog. The place in our hearts for them last forever. Thinking of you and your girl.

Barb
                        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

• Hello, friends. I still see some folks I know who posted this past December. I was updating my online internet book and thought I'd log in. I've had the privilege to love on my dad's golden for awhile when I visit. But, we still don't have a dog with all the of the moving we have done overseas. It's been neat to see my folks teaching their dog things they learned from me, with caring for and training Ali. She continues to teach me through all that we walked through. Diabetes is tough to get a handle on, no doubt. Especially with my girls' ups and downs. But that girl of mine was amazing. This forum continues to be ahead of many of the veterinary offices in managing the diagnosis, but I know insulin and technology has also changed a lot. Blessings to all of you on this journey in caring for your pups!! ~ Patty

Comment

• Hi Patty . Nice to hear you are doing well . Glad you get your pup fix from your parents
                            I to have not got another after Jesse . I do have a grand puppy from my son's family . His name is polo .
                            Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                            Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

• Patty,

So great to hear from you. I moved to Illinois to be closer to my son as I'm getting up there in years. I still have no dogs of my own. I travel internationally several times a year, so won't be getting another until I stop my touring. I have a single, 17 year old cat still with me, out of the 4 I had. Since he has always hated me, he'll probably live to be 30!
                              I'll always remember the group back in the days of Crissy and Ali. There was always someone on the forum to help.
                              Take care.

Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann

Comment

Working...
                              X