I am so depressed Kiwi died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so depressed Kiwi died

Hey ya'll Have been taking care of my neighbors dog Kiwi as the owners are in Africa Also am feeding their 19 year old cat Orfeo out front. He refuses to come in.Anyway Kiw just loves to play ball Addicted I may add. I had the owners put a doogie door in so she could go into her home in a/c It has been hot as heck here She doesn't get along with any dog even mine I have tried She bites them But the sweetest dog and so loved. I would play ball with her every evening feed her and kiss her night night. We even put a fence in so she could come in our yard my husband found her dead out in the yard this morningShe was right by the fence like she was trying to tell me but didn't make it. OMG I have cried all day!No bite marks from anything,no sign of distress as I fed her She ate great last night and grabbed her ball to play. Did notice that she didn't want to play as long I attributed this to 105 degree heat Other than that she was happy. She was 12 years old had a checkup 3 months ago and was fine. Her owner had me give her along with her dry food a half a can of Progresso soup and a hot dog a day. I questioned the sodium but she replied that her animals always live long on regular food The only thing I could think of was she either dies of a heart attack or maybe too much sodium What do you think? THe uncle took her to be cremated today. I have called the owners daughter and asked if they could do testing on Kiwi to see what she died of thatit would make me and her mom feel better. Hopefully they do this. I feel horrible besides missing her Yes I got attached. She was "my little girl" That was her nickname. What a good dog she was I went well and beyond on her care as I am a big animal lover. So I have kissed my 6 dogs ,2 cats a my cockatiel this evening. You never know when it is their time!!! Every night I kiss them and tell them I love them. Just wish this day never started as I still am crying over the loss of Kiwi. I water their lawn Tonight I expected her to get the ball so we can play!!!!So kiss your pets this evening!!!!!
    Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Re: I am so depressed Kiwi died

Aw, Marianne, I'm so sorry to hear about Kiwi.

It probably would help everybody to know what happened to her. Just put the questioning and agonizing to rest.

I will give the furred ones here an extra hug...

Natalie

Comment

Marianne

Sorry to hear this news. I hope you can get some answers. What kind of dog was Kiwi?

Dawn and the girls

Comment

She was pitt and rhodesian My neighbors sent me 130 pics of her Of course I am still crying I suggested that they find out what happened It is entirely up to them at this point and also Kiwi might of been sent out for cremation alreadyThis dog would let you put glasses on her and was real loving Hated other dogs though Couldn't mix her with mine If I could of I might of been able to save her I know the guilt is killing I can't imagine how I will be when I lose mine A basket case I am sure
        Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

Sounds like a lovely mix - I'll bet she was beautiful.

We had a Rhodesian mix a couple of Christmases ago for four days and I just fell in love with him. Fortunately, although he didn't really see himself as a dog and was nervous around them, he could get along with them if he had to. He thought he was a person.

That is very sad...

Natalie

Comment

Aw Marianne - how sad. But...at least Kiwi was being taken care of during her last days/months by such a wonderful caring MOM! I'm sure she looked forward to your visits and play time - and if I ever had to be away - I'd sure want a neighbor just like YOU! Don't beat yourself up over this - she was one lucky girl! Hug the critters - I'll give my lazy kittie a hug too! Jody

Comment

I still have had a hard time today. I think the owners opted not to find out what Kiwi died of haven't heard differently. It would help me and my husband have some closureas to what happened as she didn't show any signs at all. It makes me sad to go to their house. She mailed me from Africa today and told me to leave her bedding there and keep her balls I found 3 in the yard. I took all her bowls and shampoo etc to my house as that is what she wanted They will be in the US in about a month for a bit. She said the house will be quiet I am still sad Have hugged all of my critters today. Never know when it will be their time

Comment

Working...
              X