Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Soaphie the sophisticated is an angel October 29, 2015

Originally posted by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom View Post
    It was one year ago today that we said farewell to our dear Soaphie. It's been a week of on and off tears as we recall what we were doing a year ago....spending two hours per meal trying to get her to eat...anything. What a journey it was, truly a gift of a lifetime to have loved her so truly, so deeply, so utterly completely.

Though I am still in love with you, I want to see you dance again....because I am still in love with you.....on this harvest moon...

Tami
    a wonderful thought tami

thinking of you and your soaphie
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

• Oh, Tami, I totally understand. I think one of the hardest things for me is realizing a bond like that is so rare and I may not ever have another Maggie just like there is not another Soaphie. You are so right - just to have experienced it was an incredible gift. I am thinking of you during this anniversary and hoping you are doing well.
      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

I can't believe it's been a year. Love to you and Soaphie
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Tami, it was apparent Soaphie received the best care possible from you guys and thoroughly enjoyed being a valued member of your family, as did Sydney.

Your little girls sure knew they were loved, a lot!
          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

• Tami,
            I'm thinking of you and your family on this anniversary. From what I hear, the first year our little love bugs are gone is the hardest. It just goes to show you how much love you shared.
            Sending cyber hugs your way,
            Audrey
            Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

Thinking of your sweet Soaphie and of Sydney and of you all...

Natalie

Comment

Some days remain much more difficult than others - sending you belated hugs!
                Holli
                Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Thinking of you Tami.....it feels so raw when thinking back like that. But know that she is smiling down on you now.

Barb
                  Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Yesterday marked three years since we said farewell to our sweet Soaphie. It's amazing that it's been three years - somedays it seems like yesterday, other days, seems like a long time ago. One thing is for certain - we miss her (and her sister Sydney) greatly!

Our current status is two male dogs. Kaj (pronounced "Kai") looks like a blond border collie. He will be three years old on November 1st. He weighs about 47 pounds. He is raising hell as an agility dog and totally crushing it. We are at the advanced level and are just having so much fun!

Karl, 3.5 years old, looks like a slim golden mix (but DNA says Australian cattle dog, American fox hound, little chow and some other "stuff). He's a wicked fast runner and loves a good game of chase! He is taking agility class as well, but isn't competing just yet.

Both dogs run with me.

Both dogs love to snuggle, but Karl - oh that Karl - you could snuggle with him on the floor for three hours and he wouldn't move.....loves a good cuddle session.

Hope you all are well! <3

Tami, Karl and Kaj (Soaphie/Sydney)
                    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

The new crew sounds like a blast tami . You are fortunate to find personalities that matches yours

It does seem like yesterday
                      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Happy to see that Karl and Kaj are doing so well and that you are enjoying their company.

Both Soaphie and Sydney’s stories were inspirations for Lily and me when we first joined the forum.

It’s great to hear good news
                        Last edited by MikeMurphy; 10-30-2018, 02:09 PM.
                        Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                        Diabetes: Aug 2013
                        Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                        Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Hard to believe it's been that long. Sounds like you and your boys are having a blast.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Great to hear from you, Tami. Time flies, ... seems like yesterday we were following Soaphie & Sydney. I'm sure your new crew is being thoroughly fulfilled.
                            Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

So glad the boys are enjoying agility training with you! Love to hear updates

Judi
                              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

SO good to read about your crew, Tami!
                                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
                                X