Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything that's not related to diabetes in dogs!

Old 12-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Jack - new to my house

He let me put it on him one more time just now if I promised to never ever make him wear it again... This is actually the first pic we took a few days ago though. I still liked it the best.

That's Jeff restraining him from thrashing his grad hat!
Old 12-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Founding Member

Oh Natalie,
How cute. He is going to be one smart fellow and just for the record, pattycake always bored me too, couldn't see the sense in it.
Jenny & Buddy
Old 12-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Jenny - you always crack me up! I think you're right cuz Jack just thinks it's dumb!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Founding Member

Nat, he is too cute !! What a lil baby, give him a hug for me.!!
Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday
Old 12-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Administrator

This week he has a horrible looking track across the whole length of his nose after Gus got cranky when they were sharing a room and raked him big time. Jack didn't even yelp. I didn't realize for a few minutes that Gus had nailed him, til I looked at his face and saw the tracks with little drops of blood beading up.... .

He has been much more diligent since then about staying away from the cats... poor guy. I felt terrible.

Gus has been prickly lately - he wrapped his claws around my upper arm this afternoon.

But Jack got to go to the dog park and chase a smaller dog who was perfect for him. The other dog cared only about her ball and Jack treated the dog like she was a ball. Other dog eyes the ball, waits excitedly for it to fly and takes off after it. Jack eyes the dog, waits excitedly for her to fly and takes off after her. Exact same behavior only Jack was focused on the dog. She took off after the ball, Jack took off after her, everybody was happy and tired!

Still waiting for the DNA results... I'm getting most impatient!

Natalie
Old 12-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Administrator

So last night my husband wasn't feeling well so was sleeping and I was trying to track down resources for Lucie... so Jack ate part of the rug in front of the front door to protest his abandonment. He's so quiet that it really doesn't work as an attention-getting device!

And the DNA test results are back....

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait

wait...

He's a plain old border collie!! Nothing else mixed in at all!

Somehow, I'm vaguely disappointed by this!

Natalie
Old 01-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Founding Member

Natalie,
So it looks like Jack is "normal". Regardless what breeds a dog has, his/her personality is what makes them who they are and that makes them special. Border Collie is a great breed so Jack has a good start but he will always be Jack.
Jenny & Buddy
Old 01-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Administrator

New information about Jack - he does NOT like fireworks! Independence Day is definitely going to be a challenge.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Administrator

I'm told Jack might be a McNab border collie.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Founding Member

Bordie Collie !, all I can say is he will be great, obedient, great watch dog and will talk back to you, Niki has constantly wanted peted since she came to our house, Is Jack still keeping his paws on your foot? Niki likes to have a paw on someones foot. I'm waiting for when he talks back to you or when his water bowl gets down he starts clanging it around to tell you he wants water.
Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Last edited by eyelostit; 01-03-2009 at 12:20 AM.