Scooter crossed the bridge today 12-3-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scooter

He's sleeping a lot. Seems a bit lethargic. Meter seems fine. I tested my blood and my husbands and they were both normal. I've been researching insulinomas which are tumors in the pancreas. They cause hypoglycemia. Calling the vet in the morning.

Comment

Organs do have influence on the bolus and basal production of sugar . If they are compromised it can affect the sugar the body needs and the diarrhea maybe point to that

Amys maggie would go through this on occassion i think it occurred with a pancreatic attack so something to check when you go to the vets . I think there are specific tests for pancreatitis
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

So we didn't give Scooter any insulin last night. At 10pm he was 57! This morning I tested him before he ate his breakfast at 5:30am and he was 185. I waited until I got back from work at 8:30am to give him his insulin just to be sure he was ok. Tested him before his shot and he was 395! I guess the crisis has been averted Tested him again @ 12:30pm and he was 127. I lowered his insulin to 10 units from 13. We'll see how that goes Guessing it was the diarrhea causing the low numbers. I just can't believe with all the sugar he had that his BG was still so low. He is feeling much better today. One day at a time with this little guy! Thanks for the advice. Blessing to all and to all of your fur babies!!

Comment

• Scooter crossed the bridge today

It has been an amazing 12 and a half years. Our hearts are broken today as Scooter took his last breath in this world and his next one in heaven. I always said he never met a stranger now today what an adventure he's having meeting more new friends. We'll miss miss you more than words can express Scoot. RIP little buddy. See you at the bridge one day

Comment

Oh, so sorry for your loss. ..sounds like you did all you could. He fought the good fight..RIP sweet scooter..
            Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time..
            Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Oh my, I'm so sorry to read this. Sending you hugs. RIP sweet Scooter
              Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
              10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

So sorry to hear this. You have my deepest condolences and Godspeed to good boy Scooter!
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

• Re: Scooter crossed the bridge today

Can someone change the thread to Scooter crossed the bridge today. Thanks

Comment

• Re: Scooter crossed the bridge today 12-3-16

Aw, Janice, I'm so very sorry to learn of Scooter's passing.

I looked back through your thread and was struck by your quiet but unwavering determination in making sure Scooter always had the very best. You guys had some challenges along the way... sending Scooter a kiss and a thunderstorm skyward and a hug to you,

Natalie

August 7, 2011
                    Hi every one. I've been lurking here for about a month and finally got the nerve to join and post. . . . He's a part of our family.

Comment

I've always loved your picture of Scooter floating in the pool. I'm so sorry to hear this news. RIP little guy. Hugs to you guys. Judi
                      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

• I'm so sorry to read of Scooter's passing. I hope you can be comforted by the thought of him living on in your heart and the warm memories that he gave you.
                        Sending cyber hugs your way and a kiss skyward for little Scoot.
                        Audrey
                        Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

Scooter was such a joy to read about

Its sounds like you 2 had wonderful life together

you stepped up to the challenge of managing his diabetes ( not an easy task ) and did well for your boy
                          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. Run free sweet Scooter.

Jake
                            13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                            At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Run free Scooter! Your mom treated you well.
                              Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                              Diabetes: Aug 2013
                              Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                              Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

• I am so very sorry to hear about Scooter! What a cute little guy ! You did your very best for him and he knew that you loved him. It is so very hard to let them go, but I hope the good memories will help get you through.
                                Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Working...
                                X