Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cara - Need a shoulder!

Hi Marion -

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in to let you know how happy I am that Cara is on the mend and can see! What a wonderful gift you've given her!

Pam

Comment

Thanks Pam, but don't forget the 9 years of love and trust she has given me! So making her senior years as easy and pleasant as I can.....just a small drop in the bucket. I am just thrilled to pieces when I see her eyes focussing on me face again.
      Marion

Comment

Glad to hear Cara is doing well, Well I know you'll be tired next few days, I know some members with doing the eyedrops keep setting alarms clocks.

All will be well
        Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

What an amazing course of events! Can you just imagine not being able to see one day, going for a car ride, taking a nap and waking up being able to see? Wow. Wow.

Kathy - love the "patience hat" - that's hilarious.

I'm SO glad she's doing well. This is just so awesome.
          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by eyelostit View Post
            Glad to hear Cara is doing well, Well I know you'll be tired next few days, I know some members with doing the eyedrops keep setting alarms clocks.

All will be well
            Thanks Dolly, I did try the alarm clock....drove me nuts! Have a list now with times and medication that I mark off! Gets to be routine and the times are now very well ingrained!
            Marion

Comment

What an amazing course of events! Can you just imagine not being able to see one day, going for a car ride, taking a nap and waking up being able to see? Wow. Wow.
              Could be a little scary too at first, don't you think?
              Marion

Comment

Totally scary and shocking!
                Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I just wanted to let you know that I think this is wonderful!! When my first diabetic baby, Butchie, went blind several years ago, I was never told that I had an option...I might not have been able to do this for him, but I wish that I had at least have had the choice. Cara is one lucky baby...and I am sending you happy thoughts and hoping you get some rest. Keep us informed!!

Love and hugs, Teresa and Ricky

Comment

Originally posted by Cara's Mom View Post
                    Thanks Dolly, I did try the alarm clock....drove me nuts! Have a list now with times and medication that I mark off! Gets to be routine and the times are now very well ingrained!
                    LOL at least you have your memory intact, I'd have 3 alarm clocks going off.
                    Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

So glad the surgery worked. I asked our vet about it and he didn't think it would help our case. Plus it is out of our price range at $2000 an eye.

Comment

Those pictures are adorable - what beautiful dogs! I'm glad to hear the cone hate is dying down. Hope Cara's adjustment goes smoothly and you can get some sleep soon.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyDog View Post
                          I asked our vet about it and he didn't think it would help our case. Plus it is out of our price range at $2000 an eye.
                          Sorry to hear that! However, there are some members here with blind dogs and they will tell you that their dogs are all pretty well adjusted!

And you could always get a second opinion and maybe the hospital will accept payments . It's worth a try!
                          Marion

Comment

Originally posted by eyelostit View Post
                            LOL at least you have your memory intact, I'd have 3 alarm clocks going off.
                            Yes my memory works fine ( if I remeber to write myself a lot of sticky notes)!!
                            Marion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricksma View Post
                              When my first diabetic baby, Butchie, went blind several years ago, I was never told that I had an option...I might not have been able to do this for him, but I wish that I had at least have had the choice. Cara is one lucky baby...and I am sending you happy thoughts and hoping you get some rest. Keep us informed!!
                              Thanks Teresa!
                              In the last year things seem to have progressed a little in treatment for cataracts in dogs. My own vet did not even realize they now like to do both eyes at same time.

PS. Had a little nap this afternoon, but don't tell anyone
                              Marion

Comment

The surgery doesn't seem to have gotten less expensive but seems to be becoming more routine. But man the price sure seems to vary.

Comment

Working...
                                X