Ruby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ruby

I totally understand! As the receiver of bad advice when Soaphie was diagnosed back in 2008 - I get frustrated quickly with the bad advice folks receive.....I just choose not to comment lol

Rest your mind - we will all be here when you return!
    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I know how you are feeling but I don't feel like it is bashing the vets if it is the truth. People come here seeking help because they aren't getting the answers they need and I think it is our duty to let them know when we are concerned. I almost lost Maggie because of a vet who was over her head with diabetes. I could have avoided her suffering and my mental breakdown if I would have had a clue.

It is very frustrating. I find myself screaming at my ipad "No!!!" - it is hard to put that frustration into words and sound diplomatic at the same time. We certainly don't want to scare the people away but if I have a concern, I am going to voice it. I feel like the candor is appreciated.
      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

tara sometimes you just have to grab an individual and shake them to get there attention.

you dont come off as angry just frustrated . look at the world. there are many things to get upset about . humans are far from perfect sometimes easily lead . especially if not well informed .

once educated the light bulb goes off. i was one of them . i learned to ask questions to say no and do my research. if not for the forum my jesse would not be here today , i would be on a couple different medications i do not need and i continue to improve myself .

you do have to pick your battles you cant do it all as you said it can drive you crazy . i think your very helpful and well informed . you have good instincts for many things .

nothing wrong with stepping back and renew your self
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
          tara sometimes you just have to grab an individual and shake them to get there attention.

you dont come off as angry just frustrated . look at the world. there are many things to get upset about . humans are far from perfect sometimes easily lead . especially if not well informed .

once educated the light bulb goes off. i was one of them . i learned to ask questions to say no and do my research. if not for the forum my jesse would not be here today , i would be on a couple different medications i do not need and i continue to improve myself .

you do have to pick your battles you cant do it all as you said it can drive you crazy . i think your very helpful and well informed . you have good instincts for many things .

nothing wrong with stepping back and renew your self
          i totally agree if it wasnt for this place i am not sure where we would be..i may not get answers i think i should but then i do my research and see that it may be right and to ask more questions..if it wasnt for people that give advise for us to look into our babies may not be here..and for that i thank everyone for what they have done i as well dont feel you have been rude in any sorts..but we will be here for when you are ready to come back to us..
          others will learn as well this all comes with trial and errors thats for sure.
          sherryandfred.. in memory of fred he was a rat terrier that lived life with diabetes for 4 years and being blind for most of his life..he finally crossed the bridge on april 2, 2014 and will be missed greatly...

Comment

Totally understand the mental piece but hope you come back soon. You will be missed!

And Tami, you totally crack me up!

Agree with the others - folks here gave me the tools and confidence to learn how to be an advocate for my pets. Try to pay that forward when I can.
            Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Tara, I just want to say how much I appreciate your vast knowledge and experience. You help so many people here and have helped me a great deal. I think sometimes people don't realize the seriousness of the situation they're in, through no fault of their own, and you try to tell them. You're honest with them, even when you have to tell them that their vets have put them into a risky place. I agree with you - it would be good to find a way to communicate our concerns to vets.

I understand your need for a break - you always respond to the most intense, most needy situations. I hope you relax and enjoy your break - and come back soon.
              Glennys
              Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

Tara,
                You have always been such an inspiration with your knowledge and how much you did for your Ruby. We have all learned from you, and I for one, appreciate you telling me what I needed to hear.
                We will miss you and look for you soon...
                Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Enjoy your time off!
                  Last edited by tdpetunia; 03-29-2014, 07:53 AM.
                  Milo 28 pounds. 7.5 units 2x per day. 1 cup WD wet. 1/2 can WD wet. (each feed). 11 years Rat Terrier

Comment

mental breaks are good. your advice is always thought out and explained very well.

come back when you have time. hugs, Judi
                    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

A mental vacation?!?! What is that and where do I get one (and is it sunny and warm there)?! Sorry I couldn't resist... Sometimes I feel like I went from a highly restrictive schedule to one that is going 100 miles an hour and I can't keep up

Recharge your batteries Tara! As much as I've been away, my heart always finds its way back here to the people who supported me when I needed it most.

Patty
                      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Tara, just wanted to let you know that I tried sending you a private message but your mailbox is full :-(
                        Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

Working...
                        X