Fitting a Freestyle Libre monitor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting a Freestyle Libre monitor ?

Hi. Our vet tried putting a Freestyle Libre on our pug but it didn't work. The little needle got bent when they were trying to attach the device to the dog.

I have another one now and I need to get it attached successfully. As you know, they're not cheap so I don't want to mess it up.

The vet blamed the dog's skin for being too thick.

Has anyone got experience of fitting these and do you have any tips please?

Thanks.

Re: Fitting a Freestyle Libre monitor ?

I never used the equipment but others on the forum have and haven't heard anyone having a problem
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

It's wicked expensive and the only one the vet put on Max lasted almost two weeks...
      Since then, I'd put them on and they lasted anywhere from 2 to 7 days.
      I've since used the Alphatrac.
      Donna

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkcjpdxtKY

its a link to utube to put the sensor on
        Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
        20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

I know vets are really into the continuous monitoring but I really don't think it's necessary. And sometimes creates too much data. I feel like you can do just as much with curves. Continuous monitors for a day on occasion as a replacement for a curve could be useful.

So if it doesn't work out, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
          X