Gigi is an Angel...11/9/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just updating on Gigi

Great report! Somehow I think Gigi is getting the better end of the deal being in Florida with the grandparents! congrats on the new job!! Judi
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Even though I haven't posted, I have been following your thread. What a journey and reading this, I could resist giving you a big YAY.

Poor Gigi now relaxing in Florida and then will have mommy at home 4 days out of 5 during the week, not to mention grandma & grandpa as back up caregivers.

Congrats on your new job. I bet you can't wait to see your girl when you visit in Florida

Louise

Comment

A wonderful update on Gigi.... and what a difference in the photos!! She sure is a cutie.

I have worked from home for about 7 years now, and when Abby was diagnosed, it was a godsend that I could be here. Sometimes you never get away from the disease, to clear the head... but I would have it no other way.

Congratulations on your new job!!

Barb
        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

What a wonderful update, Kat! Lucky girl - gets to go to FL and show off her beautiful coat and get spoiled by grandma too - how fun is that! Congrats on the new job - I'm sure Gigi will love having you home just as much as you love being there with her.
          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Oh Gigi looks gorgeous! I just want to hug her, she's so stinking adorable. Congrats on the new job too!

Comment

Gigi is so cute !! What a difference she looks amazing and all thanks to her fantastic mum who will now be with her 24/7!! You got her through all her downs in the last year it should be you going to Florida for a few months!! it gives us all hope for our pups when we see how Gigi is enjoying life again now after all she went through.
              Congrats on your new job and enjoy your holiday in Florida with your family and Gigi.
              Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

Aw thanks everyone I just can't get over when I see the before picture how much I hadn't noticed that Gigi was falling apart. I just was accepting this as part of the way things were with a dog with a chronic condition. I guess it has made me an advocate of if something seems off with your dog, test test test! Test the thyroid, test for pancreatitis, test for what's in the realm of possibility if you can. That's one big take away.

Another is if you are thinking of doing cataract surgery for your dog, do all those tests BEFORE the surgery. I know this was a learning experience for not only myself, but some of the medical personnel involved, too.

This summer was one of the worst summers of my life. I am so glad that Geeg pulled through, because there were several times I thought we were going to lose her. That absolutely killed me.

Thanks on the well wishes on the job as well. It's going to be very good rewarding work that will help me fulfill a longing for purpose I've had in my career for a while. All good changes
                Gigi - 11.5 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mix - dx 11/11, hypothyroid dx 8/23/12 | Insulin: Novolin N | Frequency: 2x's per day | Dosage: 4-5 units, depends on the day | Blood Glucose Meter: Alpha Trak 2 | Typical BG Readings: 100-200| Regulation: Doing great! | Celebrating 11 years together, 3.5 of those as diabetic |

Comment

Kat, You've done amazing things with your girl! Sooo glad things are going well. She is incredibly adorable and looks so healthy and so soft now!

Keep it up Geeg!
                  Patty
                  Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Kat you have done an AMAZING job with your girl!!! She looks beautiful!!
                    And she's a lucky girl..... I want a Florida vacation!!

Sandy

Comment

So it has been a VERY long time since I've updated on Geeg! I guess I was so focused on just getting her recovered from her eye surgery and all the complications that went with it. Also, I guess I'm a bit superstitious and didn't want to jinx things, but what the heck!

Geeg is doing really good! BGs have been pretty normal for a while, and her eyes are fantastic given all the complications she had. She's been running and playing and enjoying spring, although she back on some prednisolone drops for her poor eye allergies. Despite the little bumps here and there, so glad I still have my girl!

I've been working from home four out of fives days a week for about a year and a half now, so being home with her almost every day has really helped in making sure she stays on track.

So, just saying hi everyone!
                      Gigi - 11.5 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mix - dx 11/11, hypothyroid dx 8/23/12 | Insulin: Novolin N | Frequency: 2x's per day | Dosage: 4-5 units, depends on the day | Blood Glucose Meter: Alpha Trak 2 | Typical BG Readings: 100-200| Regulation: Doing great! | Celebrating 11 years together, 3.5 of those as diabetic |

Comment

Fantastic news that Gigi is doing so well! It has been awhile. Nice that you are able to work from home and enjoy each other's company.

Good to hear from you!
                        Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

Great news on Gigi!!!

I'm sure she loves having mom at home!
                          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

yes being home can be helpful

very nice update
                            Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                            Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I was wondering how the glamour girl was doing! wonderful update and congrats on being able to work from home!!
                              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Great update on Gigi. Glad all is going well.
                                Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Working...
                                X