Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Dawn's Brandy: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Happy happy B-day Brandy! Also congrats on the 2 hr anniversary! It's amazing what we can do for our furbabies! Thanks to you, she is doing well! Pats on the back to you Dawn! Jody
Old 06-05-2008, 06:04 AM
Founding Member

Happy Birthday, Brandy! Posted this on the other board too!!

Bonnie and Crissy
Old 06-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Dawn's Brandy: found more lumps

I have been trying not to post this. I think I just don't want to face it. I found two more lumps on Brandy. One is in her chest area and the other is in the front leg. Just above the elbow. Almost the same spot as the one on the bag leg that was removed. I trying not to get myself workup like I did the last time. Brandy has an appointment Monday with the vet. Neither of these lumps were there last week. I check both dogs each week for lumps.

But we would appricate all the good thoughts and prayer anyone wants to give.

Dawn and the girls
Old 06-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Consider them sent many times over Dawn... will be anxiously waiting for word on Monday.

Natalie
Old 06-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Founding Member

Hi Dawn,

Prayers and good thoughts coming from our house to yours. Please keep us posted. Hugs to you and Brandy.

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart
Old 06-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Founding Member

Default Brandy's lumps YEAH

Brandy's lumps are just fat lumps. Lets have a party!!!! Thank you all for the wonderful thoughts and prayers. Our prayer were answered. The one on her leg if it gets to big will have to be removed. It just behind the elbow. So it could become a problem with walking.

I got a copy of the last blood panel. Everything was in normal range except BG. Well with no insulin before surgery that should be normal. Still it was 244. With the 1000 gr of Milk Thistle a day. All liver are with in the normal range. This is the first time in 2 years we were close before.

We are trying a different drug for the arthritis. Just to use as needed. I think it called Carfin(sp). I will have to do research on this later.

Just wanted to give all the good news, and say thank you again for the prayers.

Dawn and the girls
Old 06-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Founding Moderator

The "Just Fat" Boogie
Old 06-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Founding Moderator

Default Re: Brandy's lumps YEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy mom View Post
We are trying a different drug for the arthritis. Just to use as needed. I think it called Carfin(sp). I will have to do research on this later.

Dawn and the girls

Is it this one--Rimadyl--generic name carprophen?

http://www.drugs.com/vet/rimadyl-caplets.html

Caplets

http://www.drugs.com/vet/rimadyl-chewable-tablets.html

Chewable Tablets

http://www.drugs.com/vet/rimadyl-injectable.html

Injectable

Long before diabetes, Lucky had two cruciate ligament repair surgeries. He was given Rimadyl for a short time following them both. He had no problems with the medication at all.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Administrator

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DANCE!!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Dawn's Brandy: update now high blood pressure

Just thought I give you all a little update on Brandy. Now her blood pressure is high. The vet called Friday and told me. It caught me by suprise. I think he said 220 or something like that. He notice it was high when he removed the lumps and wanted to check it again at a later day. He thought it might be high for the stress. He didn't tell me this. I didn't want to worry you. THANKS So Brandy had some blood work and a urine culture done. Just the normal 6 months check. Well the urine looked funny so he wanted a culture. It is some type of infection he couldn't tell by looking under the mircoscope. So the results of the culture were not in Saturday. Now they better be in tomorrow(Monday). Because he didn't want to give any antiabotic until he had the results. He is hoping the blood pressure is up from the infection. After she finishes the antibotic he want to check the pressure again.

I am glad I took her in earlier for the blood and urine check. She wasn't due until September. I thought she might have a UTI. He BG have been getting a little higher. I even tried a new bottle of insuin. In July she was giving funny Bg numbers. Lows and highs. I had to cut back on the insulin for a few day to get her back on track. So she was running in the upper 300's for a few days. She had a trace of ketones for a day. I havn't seen that since she was first DX.

Dawn and the girls