This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulti Care Syringes

While Ulti Med has offered both U40 and U100 insulin syringes for quite some time, their U100 syringes are now being packaged and marketed to those with diabetic pets in addition to people with diabetes. Their packaging has changed and both U40 and U100 outer cartons are very similar.

The U40 1/2 cc 29 gauge syringes are in the blue carton, shown at left, while the U100 1 cc 29 gauge ones are also in a blue carton, on the right.

Re: UltiCare Syringes

Their 1 cc syringes, whether they are U40 or U100, 28 or 29 gauge needle, are all in green cartons.

Comment

They also produce a 3/10 cc syringe for both U40 and U100 insulins and they are in purple containers:

Comment

OK--had some board formatting problems when using the photos so had to keep splitting up the posts. The point I am trying to make here is that the U40 and U 100 packages look VERY much alike, as you see. If you purchase UltiCare syringes, please be aware that they are so much alike.

http://www.vetrxsupply.com/items.asp...&submit=Search

UltiCare product list with item numbers for U 40 syringes

http://www.vetrxsupply.com/items.asp...&submit=Search

UltiCare product list with item numbers for U 100 syringes

A U 40 insulin syringe should have a red cap, as shown here:

While a U 100 syringe should have an orange cap, as shown here:

Can personally say that I used UltiCare U 40 syringes for Lucky and found them to be trouble-free. But I would advise you reading the box or carton very well and checking the syringes inside to make certain this is the right syringe for the insulin you're using, no matter where you order them from.

Kathy
        Last edited by We Hope; 09-08-2009, 06:08 PM. Reason: relinking to canine diabetes wiki

Comment

Interesting I don't use the U40 syringes but why wouldn't they make the U100 in a green box and the U40 purple box, would only make sense....ah well the way of the corporations they don't think !!
          Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Dolly,

I wish these packages were color-coded according the the strength of the insulin the syringes are meant for. That would mean the U 100 ones would all be in some kind of orange packaging, and the U 40 ones would be in some sort of red.

Their color-coding of the packages goes according to the size of the syringe:

Green for 1 cc syringes whether they are U 100 or U 40

Blue for 1/2 cc syringes whether they are U 100 or U 40

Purple for 3/10 cc whether they are U 100 or U 40

When I was buying from them, they had only U 40 syringes in 1 cc and 1/2 cc; there were no U 40 3/10 syringes available. When you bought U 100 syringes from them, you did so on their "people" portion of the website, where they did have the 1 cc, 1/2 cc and 3/10 cc U 100 syringes. Would have been using the U 40 3/10 syringes if they had them at the time because Lucky only used 4 units twice a day; was using 3/10 syringes for U 100 insulin when we were still using U 100 insulin.

Never had any problems with their syringes or ordering--but I wish their color coding would have been decided according to the strength of the insulin to be used with then instead of the syringe size.

Kathy

Comment

Working...
            X