Puppy!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Puppy!!!!!!!

Ooo...puppy!!!! They smell SO good! And she's such a sweetie! You ARE a lunatic for taking her on but hey...what's life all about if it's not nuts? I'm thinking that if Lucy wouldn't mind...I might vote for that! Would be an honor, yes? If not, then Ruby would be my second choice. Congrats!
    Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Allison - you can MAKE UP a name!

I did that much of the time with my dogs. For instance, Kwali and Kumbi. People would ask me what those names meant. They didn't mean ANYTHING except the dog whose name it was.

I used to play with sounds, use anything that caught my eye to suggest this syllable or that one, sing out potential names, think about how easy it was to say or call out the name. And so forth.

An advantage to having a name different from the normal is that there can be NO question about just WHO you are talking to. Or about ;-)

Camellia is my first dog to have the name of a flower; that came about because of a story a friend of mine told about Camellias.

http://www.coherentdog.org/vek/vkkdebunk.php

The story is most of the way down the page, but I recommend reading from the top of the page.

MUMMY! IT IS BEDTIME - please give me my Benadryl, and let's sack out! (00)

Oops, Camellia; sorry, I got caught up with Allison's new puppy! And with Alfie and Skye in my thoughts too, not to mention Allison herself. ;-^

Well, that's a worthy cause, Mum, but I'm getting sleepy. Hey, I love those critters too - human and canine. (00)

Sun, 4 Mar 2012 21:11:28 (PST)
      http://www.coherentdog.org/
      CarolW

Comment

Carol - she will b 2 days short of being 9weeks old when she comes home.
        Even before I went to see her I thought about the name Lucy for her but I think I am going to have to wait till she is home and I get to know her a bit before I finally decide what her name is!

Jesse Girl - I already have another dog called Skye in the house and your right its an island off the west coast of Scotland and Skye is named after it!

I have soooooo much to get organised before she comes home
        Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

How about Agnes?
          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Oooohh - I like Agnes too! You could call her Aggie!

The next dog I get will be named Betty.
            Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Are you sure the Isle of Skye isn't named after your Skye?

Good idea to feel your way about a name for your new puppy! Don't forget the possible choice of making up your own name! I always used to sing out and call out my prospective name, to discover what felt good and right, and would work to call my dog! No guarantees, though, about coming when called, because THAT requires careful teaching!

You WILL have your hands unbelievably full! So you'll have to take care of yourself as well as Alfie, Skye, and new puppy!

I'll be here watching, dear Allison, dear Alfie, dear Skye, and - dear new pup!

Mon, 5 Mar 2012 06:28:12 (PST). HAVE to add; I think you are nuts, to be getting a new puppy! (haha!) (I do hope that's funny!)
              http://www.coherentdog.org/
              CarolW

Comment

Congrats on a new puppy! Lots of great name suggestions already. Look forward to seeing many more pictures as she gets settled in her new home. Holli
                Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Oh my... she is a cutie. I just love all black schanuzers.. besides puppies easy the mind... and they do not offer any stress, as they make you laugh.

I'm not sure I could offer any names. My husband named our Abby from our visit to Ireland one year. We were going to call her Bunratty, (after a castle), but it didn't seem to fit. However, she does have many names; Abrigail Beecher (anyone remember that song?), Doodlebug, Bubble Butt, Sideways (that is the way she walks)... So remember even one name can develop into many... and she answers to ALL of them.

Congratulations!!
                  Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

I do that in my house as well Barb - Skye and Alfie both answer a long list of names that have developed over the years! I am glad I am not the only one!
                    Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Originally posted by diggydog View Post
                      I do that in my house as well Barb - Skye and Alfie both answer a long list of names that have developed over the years! I am glad I am not the only one!

Allison,

Your pup is just a miniature Lucy when she was a puppy. I do not mind you calling her Lucy.

I hope she turns out to be as stoic and good natured as our Lucy was.

You will decide Allison it is early days and it must be a name that you are happy with.

I wish you lots of joy and happiness with your new Puppy.

Hugs

Margaret
                      Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret Boyle View Post
                        Allison,

Your pup is just a miniature Lucy when she was a puppy. I do not mind you calling her Lucy.

I hope she turns out to be as stoic and good natured as our Lucy was.

You will decide Allison it is early days and it must be a name that you are happy with.

I wish you lots of joy and happiness with your new Puppy.

Hugs

Margaret
                        Thank you Margaret - it means a lot to hear that from you!

I will let everyone know when she gets home on what we decided on.

Hugs xx

Comment

Baby Phoebe arrived home on Wednesday afternoon and has settled in well.
                          I was worried about how Alfie would deal with her as her is really dog aggressive but he has been totally amazing with her!
                          Phoebe likes to bite Alfie's face to get him to play and while Alfie wont play with her yet he lets he climb all over him and cuddle in next to him in bed - not managed to get a picture of it yet as every time I try one of them moves!
                          My other dog Skye is not overly impressed by it all but is slowly getting used to the new arrival.

Here she is a few hours after getting home and playing!

Comment

This is about the only pic I have managed to get of her sitting still!

Comment

ADORABLE!!!!

I'm glad that Alfie is somewhat taking to her (or - tolerating her)!!!!!
                              Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

she is soooo cute and I love the name Phoebe! Don't be giving us all puppy fever now!
                                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Working...
                                X