How the Hank Turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How the Hank Turns

Shellie, I'm sure your heart aches even when your mind knows he's now at peace. I'm so sorry for your loss. May fond memories of Hank comfort you during this difficult time.

Something about your Hank stories tugged at my heart. A spirited dog with a kind soul. He will be missed.

Holli
    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

I thought of you all day on Friday. Love to you and Hank (and Mika).

Judi
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

• Shellie,

I've been thinking about you all weekend. I completely understand what you mean when you talk about your dad being old school. My dad is the same way. I can totally hear my dad saying the same things and acting the same way when it comes time to let my Bazzle dog go. I commend you for not being confrontational with your dad. I'm sure that took a lot of emotional strength at an already trying time. Of course we love our dads anyway.

I hope you can be comforted by the good and positive memories of Hank. I'm sure that he knew how much you loved him, and I believe your choice was the right one.

Sending cyber hugs and well wishes your way,

Audrey & Bazzle
        Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

Been thinking about you & Hank all weekend too. Glad to hear things went peacefully Friday, and Hank left us while in your loving arms - his favorite place, I'm sure.

It's very painful to have to say good bye to one as close to you as Hank. Just reminds us of how much one meant to us and how good the relationship was when the pain from the parting hits.
          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Thinking of you and Hank...

Natalie

Comment

Shellie,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Hank was such a sweetie and you were a great mummy to him. I understand wanting the duties of carer back again. My heart is with you at this heartbreaking time.

Much love,
              Jane and Franklin (deceased) and MacKenzie (Franklin's cat)
              Jane and Franklin, 8 years, maltese, currently 6.4kg, Australia. Cushing's with elevated hormones dx'd 2009/2010, proteinuria, epilepsy, diabetes dx'd July 2012. Phenobarb 30mg bid, 3mg melatonin bid, lignans sid, caninsulin 4.8u bid (a work in progress). Diet- home cooked. Blind from cataracts January 2013, sighted from surgery February 2013.

Comment

Shellie,

Never an easy thing to do. I took solace knowing that when the time came, it was a relief...not on our part, but rather on theirs. I knew, just like you did that it was time. And I too would do it all over again, if I could have her back.

Hugs,
                Barb
                Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

I haven't been around in a long time but am just devastated to read of all the losses and especially of Hank who was Alfie's terrier pal. They and we never met but always felt a connection with Hank and Alfie xx
                  Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Shellie

Even though I lost Buddy, I still come to this forum periodically and I am so sorry to read of the passing of Hank (Mr. Pickypants as many of use got to know him).

I read your last post and I can so relate. Know in your heart that you went beyond trying to cope with Hank's problems and making him feel comfortable. He knew he was well loved

As I've said before, that is the time when I just hate loving my furry babies so much.

Take good care of yourself

Louise

Comment

Working...
                    X