Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sweet Maggie became an angel August 30, 2014

Melinda,
    I'm so very sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you.
    Patty
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Thank you every one. It's been hard. It was a week Saturday. I still look for her in her favorite spots or expect her to greet me when I come home from work. She was with me for 13 lovely years. Time certainly flies though.

Hugs to all.
      Melinda & Maggie,14 yr. old mixed breed adopted in August 2001. Novilin N, 18u 2x a day; Alpo and Beneful canned food; she's getting up there, but doing alright! Blind, deaf, arthritic, but diabetes is well controlled.

Comment

Just popping in to say hi! I have a friend whose doggy was diagnosed a couple of months ago, and have been trying to help her through some rough spots and giving her links to parts of the board.

Maggie has been gone for over a year and a half and I still miss her every day. It helps knowing she's with my dad and he loved her so. I have tried to bring two dogs home from the local shelter and it just didn't work out. I'm afraid it's because they are just not Maggie...... Oh well, someday.....

I am glad to see that this board is still up and running! It's a valuable valuable source of information and help!

Love,

Melinda
        Melinda & Maggie,14 yr. old mixed breed adopted in August 2001. Novilin N, 18u 2x a day; Alpo and Beneful canned food; she's getting up there, but doing alright! Blind, deaf, arthritic, but diabetes is well controlled.

Comment

jesse is an older gal now and i sometimes imagine a time where she may not be here . Why i do that seems a bit odd but i understand life is so fleeting and i really want her in my heart after her time here is done

i think its a blessing to remember deeply even if its hard sometimes
          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
            jesse is an older gal now and i sometimes imagine a time where she may not be here . Why i do that seems a bit odd but i understand life is so fleeting and i really want her in my heart after her time here is done

i think its a blessing to remember deeply even if its hard sometimes

Thank you! I do too! I read my entire thread yesterday from start to finish and was amazed at some things I'd forgotten. I'm so glad Maggie got to live to a ripe old age and was in fairly good shape throughout her journey. I'm sure someday another dog will steal my heart, but Maggie will always have a place in it!

Comment

you will know when you find the right dog. hugs
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Just popping in to see if my old thread was still here. I was so glad to find it, because I needed a "Maggie fix." It's sad, but gives me some sense of closeness to her, knowing I can reread about our journey together. Feeling like I'm wanting a dog, but still afraid it won't work. Seems I expect them all to be like Maggie was. I'm glad to see this board is still helping folks like me, scared and feeling helpless when their doggies are diagnosed.

Anyway, hi to all the old friends, and best wishes to the new folks! You're in a great place!

Hugs,

Melinda

Comment

After Louie died, I never wanted another dog. Ever. I couldn't deal with it and didn't want to.

Well, my daughter and grandkids live with me and they wanted a dog. I said okay but I wanted an older dog that didn't chew and was trained and I WAS NOT taking care of it. If they could meet those demands, they could have a dog.

Lo and behold, one of the docs my daughter works with needed to re home his mini schnauzer. She's 6 years old and trained. Her name is Daisy. My daughter and the grandkids brought her to her new home.

I came home and met beautiful sweet Daisy. Our eyes met and I instantly fell in love. Later that evening, I'm getting ready for bed and the kids open my bedroom door and in comes Daisy. The kids said she had been standing at my bedroom door for 15 minutes. Daisy and I have been joined at the hip ever since.

So...... go ahead, it's okay to get another dog.
                  Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

Melinda,

Glad to see you back. We lost our Maggie June 20 last year. I waited six months and I just couldn't get past the sadness and I was really lonely for another Jack Russell. I found a puppy that was opposite of her looks wise and personality wise. My little Jade is nothing like Maggie but she is perfect for me. A new life brings so much energy and excitement to your life. It doesn't ever replace my Maggie and she will always be number one to me but there is enough love to go around. I had to make up my mind that I wasn't going to put too much pressure on her at least in my mind and let her be her.

Keep us posted.

Amy
                    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Working...
                    X