Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

I love that idea....I never did see this done, but I think it would bring great comfort.

I have Abby's ashes, and I may look into this.

Barb
    Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Hi Amy, Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts daily. I know he pain is still unbearable....
      Tara in honor of Ruby.
      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubytuesday View Post
        Hi Amy, Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts daily. I know he pain is still unbearable....
        Ditto on Tara's comment, Amy. Know what you're going through.
        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Oh Amy, I am so sorry. The pain is almost overwhelming but it does ease. I still miss Charlie every day��. Maggie let you know it was time. It's hard to look at the before and after pictures, but the afters help me remember our special times, like the 4am potty breaks, but also the piece of banana we shared every morning. People who aren't the primary caregivers don't understand the extra close bond that develops with the constant monitoring.

Take care of yourself, it's ok to second guess, and to grieve.

Laura
          Last edited by Charlie's mom; 07-01-2016, 10:29 PM.
          Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Amy, I am so sorry. You did such a great job taking care of Maggie. Her last days sounded very special, I'm sure she loved all the attention. Remember, they never really leave us, they are always in our hearts

Comment

It has been 3 weeks since we said goodbye to Maggie. It has been very up and down for me and I admit I still have bouts of extreme sadness. I mostly just feel lonely without her but I know her and Mordy are having lots of fun and she wouldn't be happy with me crying. She always hated that.

I am glad to at least come to the forum and talk to everybody. I hope some of the newer people can understand that diabetes can be survived for many wonderful years.
              Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Oh amy,
                I can not imagine the sadness and loneliness.it is so special to see you on,helping so many of us,with all the knowledge you have.
                Thank you for your dedication,not only to your maggie,but for all of us
                Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Originally posted by amydunn19 View Post
                  It has been 3 weeks since we said goodbye to Maggie. It has been very up and down for me and I admit I still have bouts of extreme sadness. I mostly just feel lonely without her but I know her and Mordy are having lots of fun and she wouldn't be happy with me crying. She always hated that.

I am glad to at least come to the forum and talk to everybody. I hope some of the newer people can understand that diabetes can be survived for many wonderful years.
                  It seems to come in "waves" for me also Amy and it has been one month since I lost Spirit. So many things can set it off....a song, a walk thru the park or opening a cabinet where I am keeping all Spirits toys and such. Time heals the tears and hopefully our hearts will mend and the tears will turn into wonderful memories. There is such a special bond with our sugar babies, even more because of all the care and work that goes into taking care of them. I too agree that coming to the forum and reading some posts and trying to help others is good medicine. Thank you for all you've done for so many of us.
                  Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by jim maceri View Post
                    It seems to come in "waves" for me also Amy and it has been one month since I lost Spirit. So many things can set it off....a song, a walk thru the park or opening a cabinet where I am keeping all Spirits toys and such. Time heals the tears and hopefully our hearts will mend and the tears will turn into wonderful memories. There is such a special bond with our sugar babies, even more because of all the care and work that goes into taking care of them. I too agree that coming to the forum and reading some posts and trying to help others is good medicine. Thank you for all you've done for so many of us.
                    It never gets easier - but the time between the tough times does eventually lengthen.

Went to the beach and then out to lunch with a friend last week. The restaurant was very busy (i.e.: lots of crowd noise)...but through all the crowd noise and our own conversation, I could hear "Soaphie's song" playing through the restaurant speakers (although my friend could barely hear it even when I called her attention to it).

Random things will trigger it. You loved her with all of your heart and then some - it's ok to be sad and to remember.

We are here for you!
                    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Maggie would have turned sweet 16 today! It just wasn't meant to be, but hopefully her and brother Mordy are having great times together.

I got in her memorials we had made with some of her ashes. I will post a picture when I get the lighted bases in or when I get some good light. They are just beautiful.
                      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Amy,
                        Kisses skyward for Maggie...I'll bet she's having cake
                        Love to see mems you got back. Hope you're doing ok and remembering soooo many good times with your special girl.. Thoughts with you always
                        Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Aw, hope Miss Maggie had an awesome birthday, eating tons of high sugar, high fat treats with her friends.
                          Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

Amy, I haven't been on k9 in awhile. Just caught up on Maggie's thread. I love the glass art idea. How beautiful. I know you must still ache for her.

Tim recently traveled back to Colorado Springs and sent me pictures of our favorite "Ali places." It surprised me how quickly I teared up seeing them. Such a special bond we have with our diabetic pups. I actually had corresponding pictures with Ali in them I sent right back to him and he had the same response.

Hoping each day the pain lessens a little more.
                            Patty
                            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I would love to see the glass art...it sounds beautiful....did you get the "strawberry color".

Happy Birthday to Ms Maggie, I know she was wearing one of her favorite dresses to celebrate.

Barb
                              Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

This picture may not be the best quality but it is the best I could do. The pictures don't do them justice.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X