Precious Buster is an angel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I need some help please

Natalie I fed but about 45 minutes after I took his blood at 3:30 . He blood was 291. I dont know how much it changed from then to when I fed him at 4:15.

Comment

This looks like a post-meal spike in blood sugar like you had this morning.

Curve accomplished!

I think you can safely give 15.5 in evening and 15.75 in the morning.

As I understand it, you will have to start another bottle of Vetsulin before you can switch to NPH. Is that right?

I think until then, you can skip blood glucose testing as long as the urine tests look pretty much the same as today. Save up his tolerance for the new bottle of Vetsulin / switch to NPH.

With these blood sugar levels, he's in a good place.

Natalie

Comment

Yes I have to start a new bottle probably in a couple of days.
        So I should just do a pee pee strip with the rest of this bottle?

Comment

I dont' see why not. He seems to get a nice stable response from this bottle and is coasting along at good numbers.

Natalie

Comment

OK Night. I will let you know how the strips go

Comment

Sleep well and give Buster a hug from me!

Natalie

Comment

Morning
                Did peeps
                5am not neg but the next one.

Comment

Morning
                  Did peeps
                  5am not neg but the next one.
                  5pm did peeps 2 one after neg. Still in the green color

Comment

This looks good!

I sure hope the new vial of Vetsulin works as well.

Natalie

Comment

Me too. Not looking forward to starting it

Comment

my last 3 bottles have been from the same lot and i haven't had any issues. Did you check to see the lot# on yours debbie? There is no proof that lot # has anything to do with the issue, but I've been lucky so far
                        Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

No. I gave it back to my vet. I do have this bottle and 2 more in the refrig. I will look. I didnt think the lots had anything to do with it. But hopefully they are the same.

Comment

I am starting to like the pee strip even as I continualy get bark brown (not good) but my little Melody is sure on to me, and now that it is getting colder outside it is fun to go running out in the PJs chasing the pup with the lid, she has fooled me several times and one time I almost collected the wrong thing if you know what I mean. I am learning and I think I have to add slippers and a coat and a flash light at the back door. oh ya forgot to mention doing it in the dark is also fun (not) , hang in there

Comment

I do the same thing. 5am buster knows the drill. I put on my slippers, and coat and get a little paper cup. He does his pee pee and he even moves his leg a bit cause he know I am going under to get some so he tries to make it easy for me. it is much easier than taking his blood but I will be starting a new bottle probably by tomorrow nite and I will be doing to blood again right Natalie!

Comment

I would at least check BG at the premeals for a day or two and see if they are similar. If all looks the same as this bottle, great! The urine tests will give you a vague idea but it would be good to know with how similar they are, which is more specific than a urine test gets.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
                                X