No announcement yet.

What kind of food do you feed your dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of food do you feed your dog?

Sidney is very picky lately. Doesn't like W/D, or Wildnerness! What's everyone else eating?
    Brooke- aka Sidney's Best Friend

Re: What kind of food do you feed your dog?

Grayson loves the Merrick Grain Free Buffalo and Sweet Potato. He was anxious for me to open the very first bag I brought home, and has scarfed down every bit I've put in front of him since... It's a five star food made in Texas, and can be found online in several places for as low as $49 for a 25lb bag. Check with a few local pet stores, as some have a guarantee on the food they sell. If you've bought a food that your pet won't eat, you can return the opened bag for store credit on another. Near me, a store called Pet Supplies Plus has this policy.
    Grayson - 95lb black lab, 10yrs old, diagnosed 3/22/14 - Novolin N (27units) and Merrick Grain Free Buffalo and Sweet Potato dry food - Novox 100mg twice daily & a Cosequin supplement - Alphatrak2 & One Touch Mini

Comment

I have Kona on wellness simple healthy weight, its fish based and single protein, she gets half that and half homemade. My other two are on Pure vita grain free salmon or duck, along with 1/2 homemade as well.

Comment

Charlie has been on Natural Balance Fat Dog for the last two months. We supplement with a scrambled egg in the morning and grilled chicken at night
        Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Balto eats W/D seems to like it though he would eat absolutely anything.

Comment

Maggie is on Nutrisca wet and dry but we also supplement it with boiled chicken and a couple of big snacks. Low glycemic food does sometimes have the drawback of needing a little propping up with something else.
            Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Thank you! Wonderful suggestions. We are back to boiled chicken and rice with an upset stomach from the Wildnerness food
              Brooke- aka Sidney's Best Friend

Comment

W/D kibble, ... and crock-pot chicken - all skin and visible fat removed prior to cooking.
                Last edited by farrwf; 10-18-2014, 06:59 AM.
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

We feed both our boys Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream main ingredient is salmon. We have been feeding it to them for years and I was very happy that my vet did not ask us to switch because Rocky has such a sensitive stomach and cannot handle change.

A few weeks ago (when Rocky was first diagnosed with diabetes) he was not very interested in his food. I knew he needed to eat so he would get his insulin to make him feel better so we just added some beef broth and he ate it right up. Now he knows if he doesn't eat quickly enough he gets the broth so we just give him a splash.

Comment

Ultra Senior (1/2 cup)
                    110g Vital (beef and bison)
                    1/3 cup brown rice

63 pound dog
                    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

My Chuck gets a combination dry & wet. He gets 1 1/3 cup of Nulo Large Breed Turkey and Pea-http://nulo.com/dog/medalseriesdog/medalseries-large-breed/ & 1/2 cup Merrick, Grain Free 96% Pork or Chicken or Tripe.
                      After further reading and suggestions from some lovely folks here at the forum, I will pick either Pork or Tripe and stick with that until Chuck is regulated, since he did have pancreatitis when first dxed, and these have the lowest fat content.
                      Chuck-108 lb male Rottweiler, 8 years old. Dx Sept. 24, 2014. 22.5 units of Novolin N 2 x a day. Alpha Track 2. 2 1/2 cup Purina OM Select Blend, 2 x a day. Also mom to 2 Boxer boys, I love my 3 boys-chucksmom aka Kim

Comment

Working...
                      X