Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Camellia Camelo

happy happy happy day!!!!
    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMELLIA

lOUISE

Comment

with age and wisdom grows greater love and appreciation

happy birthday camella
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I love when you post about Camellia! Happy Birthday to Camellia and her human Mom, both who have long reached the age of wisdom and helpfulness! xoxo, Judi
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Gosh that was so sweet...tears in my eyes, Carol! Happy birthday to the 'baby' Camellia! She's still so young! But very, very wise obviously! Hugs!
            Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

• Re: Camellia Camelo is Five today-Ages of Wisdom

Our dear, dear, DEAR friends from k9diabetes - we are both quite overcome by the lovely birthday wishes. Thank you all so much! (00) ;-^

We did have a nice day, in many ways - quite a normal one, really; a decent walk in the morning of something over an hour - well, a stroll. And didn't get rained on, though a light mist dampened us ever so slightly.

It's getting to be our bedtime soon, so we're wrapping up the evening, and wishing all forum members, dogs, humans, and allied animal companions, many more birthdays regardless of current age. Let's hope all of you have some clown in you; it's such fun to be ridiculous!

We admire all the work you all do with diabetes and whatever other conditions call for attention and care; we have some idea of how difficult that can be at times, and wish you some clowininess to cheer you all up during the difficult times. With lots of dream-imaginary flowers to decorate your hearts and souls. Real flowers would be better, but just a bit difficult to send over the cable modem.

And we wish you all the sweetest of dreams, whether you're here with us on Lowly Earth, or at the Bridge with our Predecessors.

We wave our Magic Wands in your favors -

Poor Mummy; she doesn't have much of a Magic Wand - not like mine (00)

Yeah, poor me. I LOVE your Magic Wand, dear Camellia; it is totally gorgeous, and I hope it's as effective as it is gorgeous. ;-^

I can't help being gorgeous, Mummy; it's not my fault. (00)

Well, I wasn't blaming you, Camellia ;-^

I don't think that was a very good joke, and I apologize. (00)

It wasn't as good as most of your jokes, Camellia, but it was heartfelt, and that's what counts. ;-^

One of the things I love about you, sweetie, is your fabulous dances ;-^

Gosh; blush - thanks, Mummy (00)

Sometimes I see them; sometimes you do them behind me, and I only hear that wonderful pitter-patter of your paws on the floor. I love both - the visual and the audio! ;-^

You're just besotted with me, Mummy. (00)

Truer words were never said; I surely am. ;-^

Happy birthday, Camellia, and sweet dreams to you, too. ;-^

Sweet dreams to you, too, Mummy, and to all here. (00)

And thanks again, all, for the GREAT birthday wishes! ;-^ (00)

Sun, 4 Mar 2012 21:00:49 (PST)
              http://www.coherentdog.org/
              CarolW

Comment

Sorry I missed your Third Age of Wisdom Birthday, Camellia! Hope you had a great day with your Mum. Sounds like it was grand!

Mary
                Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
                Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
                Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
                Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Mary - every day with Camellia is grand! Every night, too!

EVEN when she shuffs! (We're working on that - thank goodness there are now ways to help with that, as the trigger has effectively been identified as being environmental allergies, and I'm SO glad SOMETHING can be done to help!)

Mon, 5 Mar 2012 06:32:04 (PST)

MUMMY! It's time for my Benadryl! With a Gob or three of that fabulous canned Natural Balance chicken recipe! (00)

Why, so it is, Camellia; coming! ;-^
                  CarolW

Comment

Louise, Jesse Girl, Judi, Shellie, Tami, Camellia says she'll wait a moment for her Benadryl while I thank you, on her behalf and mine, for those nice birthday wishes for her!

Love and hugs, while Camellia continues to wave her Magic Wand in your favor!

Mon, 5 Mar 2012 06:36:31 (PST)
                    CarolW

Comment

• Re: Camellia Camelo - YouTube clips

Wow; I just realized I forgot to post on my clips of Camellia on YouTube.

So here are links. The first two are to public video clips. The third is to an unlisted clip, showing Camellia "shuffing" ("stress-huffing"). Dr. Amanda diagnosed Camellia's reverse-sneezing using this third clip. It's not a lot of fun to watch, but it might be instructive.

Oh, on the Yahoo DogRead group, Dr. Nancy Kay posted a pointer to a clip of reverse-sneezing in one of her blog entries. I watched the clip, which helped me see that Dr. Amanda was spot on with her identification of reverse-sneezing in Camellia.

Here's a link to Dr. Nancy's blog entry:

http://speakingforspot.com/blog/2011...g-for-your-vet

I only just learned how to do this, and found it quite scary - couldn't ever have done it while on dial-up. Having cable Internet makes it possible, especially with the "new" (old, but younger than my other one) computer DogDaddy George gave me.

Fortunately, YouTube gives very good help!

Here are links to the two public videos.

The first video is from 2 October, 2010, of Camellia playing with a
                      tarp, at our old place, before we moved house. That tarp actually
                      formed part of the outer fence.

http://youtu.be/amWhxbel1mI

And the link to Camellia having the Zoomies, drying herself after a bath (this was her most recent bath, 28 Feb. 2012), is here:

http://youtu.be/DU52ItOZmbI

Now, the link to the unlisted clip (which merely means, you have to have the link in order to see the video), of Camellia shuffing. I took this clip on 30 May 2011 - HATED doing it; it felt terrible to me! But I'm SO glad I did, because it's what allowed Dr. Amanda to identify the shuffing as reverse-sneezing.

http://youtu.be/b0MZFTVHqzo

I really cheer up, if, after watching the shuffing clip, I go watch the Zoomies clip again!

Mon, 5 Mar 2012 07:31:01 (PST)
                      Last edited by CarolW; 03-05-2012, 01:05 PM. Reason: fix shuffing link - THANKS, Patty!
                      CarolW

Comment

Carol,
                        You posted the after bath link twice instead of the reverse-sneeze link. She's too cute BTW!
                        Patty
                        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Patty - thanks for catching my link problem! Just to make REALLY sure I get it right, here's a repeat (I edited the previous message).

Camellia shuffing (reverse-sneezing):

http://youtu.be/b0MZFTVHqzo

Whew! There! Thanks for your help!
                          Mon, 5 Mar 2012 12:07:28 (PST)
                          CarolW

Comment

Gosh, Carol. That's some pretty significant reverse sneezing/breathing. Ali reverse sneezes but not that long. It's more like a chain of forceful sneezes in reverse.

Glad she's doing better with it.
                            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Gosh...I couldn't even watch that of Camellia sneezing! Poor baby! But I did so enjoy the after bath video! She looked at you at first like, "aw Mom...what ARE you doing up there with that camera?" LOL What a total cutie!!!
                              Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

add stuff
                                Originally posted by Patty View Post
                                Gosh, Carol. That's some pretty significant reverse sneezing/breathing. Ali reverse sneezes but not that long. It's more like a chain of forceful sneezes in reverse.

Glad she's doing better with it.
                                NOT comfortable for Camellia. She copes, but we both really hate it! I'm hoping it won't increase as the pollens around here increase!

Edit: compare with the reverse-sneeze shown in Dr. Nancy Kay's blog, February 2011 (Italian Greyhound):

http://speakingforspot.com/blog/2011...g-for-your-vet

Can't remember if I put the link in this thread before! Sorry - very brainless today!

Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:39:31 (PST)
                                Last edited by CarolW; 03-05-2012, 05:51 PM. Reason: add stuff
                                CarolW

Comment

Working...
                                X