Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK... So Im back ! and wearing the big L !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK... So Im back ! and wearing the big L !

I was doing great ... Then took a puff... then 2 puffs and well I bought a ppack today....
    I did quit for 5 days.... at least I know i can quit... for a minute !
    My big Issue now is this....
    As I told you all I took in a rescue pit bull that my son rescued " Lu Lu"
    I just couldn't warm up to her the way I should.... I guess i just love male pit's
    So while I was going through withdrawal and not a lot of patience's ....
    My son kept on saying how they all missed her.... and would I give her back to them.... I know he rescued her from a bad place but his pit Bruno is not good with other dogs.... Thats why I took her in the first place... but I said OK.....
    So for the pat 5 days she was there......
    Then today I got a call that Bruno tore her up !!!!!
    I called my daughter to see if she would take her... There dog Noel ( pitty) just died at the ripe old age of 15... and there all sad there.....
    She agreed.....
    Then my husband the (Not dog lover) comes walking in the house with Lu Lu
    and is very angry,,,, He says I took her back here,,, Look what that Dame dog did to her,,,, I was in shock to see him take that stand !( Proud of him too)....
    Then My Zoey who dont take well to other female dogs ... went wild with joy !!!
    For the past few days Zoey hasn't been eating and i didn't know what was wrong....
    I watched Zoey run and play and jump with Lu Lu...I couldn't believe how happy she was..... I havn't seen Zoey like that in years,,,,,
    I have been attending to Lu LU's wounds and there pretty bad...
    I also see a lump under her neck... so there must be some infection..
    I only have Simplicef in the house from when Killian had the leg wound....
    I was wondering if anyone there knows if it will help or not....
    I'm going to have to take her to the vet on Monday... and Zoey wont stop licking her wound,,,,
    I don't have any other antibiotic in the house,,,,..
    And i'm also thinking that Zoey was upset that Lu Lu left and thats why she stopped eating...
    Its looking like Lu Lu just might have to stay here after all.....
    But I can use any advice to treat these wounds until Monday....
    I should have NEVER let her leave.... this is my fault.... I knew his dog wasn't going to be good with her... but I felt it was his rescue in the first place and I didn't have the right to hold her if they wanted her back.....
    I was wrong.... and I should have said NO !!!!

Re: OK... So Im back ! and wearing the big L !

I wouldn't throw drugs at something. If it's bad enough that you feel it needs treatment this weekend other than being cleaned up, it's bad enough to be seen by the vet this weekend.

Comment

Hi Natale....
      I'm going to call the emergency clinic tomorrow...
      She i so much more comfortable tonight.... I have been treating the wound; with peroxide .
      and she's eating a if she hadn't eaten in days....
      I know my son only uses dry and she don't like dry food only....
      I usually have a wide spectrum antibiotic in the house... But im clean out....
      I do think a good antibiotic is all she needs...
      Ive been through this before and the vet says there isint much you can do except keep it clean and treat with antibiotics .....
      Ill see what the hospital says tomorrow... This is the hospital that Killian went to and was treated with the Pancreatitis... they were great there....
      And that the place I now take Killian.....
      Poor dog ... My son's dog is one I wouldn't want in my house...EVER!!!!!!.
      Poor Lu Lu... she is so happy to be back here... resting ... and eating....

I think tis whole experience is making me bond with her..... Zoey loves her and is now eating.... and Killian just wags his tail ... I think there trying to tell me something ...
      My daughter just might have to adopt a different dog>

Comment

Never a dull moment Johanna Glad you have Lu Lu back, Hope she is doing betterVet bills Can't live without them! I will have some this Wed when I take Pebbles to Dr Stone for all her testing. Maybe I should rob a bank!!! You think they will take monopoly money?? Pebbles sends kisses to LULU Maybe that will help her wounds
        Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

I know .. Just cant get ahead with the vet bills....
          This is the week I also have to get the last cat fixed and all shot !!!!
          Lu Lu wasn't in the budget.....Oh well life goes on.....
          Lu Lu is very happy here.... Im keeping her.... Hubby dont know yet !
          Hows Pebbles doing?

Comment

I missed something....what is this wound?

Vet bills??? When I scheduled Reba and Bogie for check ups and labs early this month I wasn't planning on Reba needing to go back for chest x-rays 2 days later and then to the vet school for ultrasound and then Bubba's lump.....in three weeks I spent over 1400.00!!! Reba goes back for ultrasound of the adrenal glands this next week so we can determine treatment, Bubs lump was a fibrosarcoma and don't know what we are going to do about that as far as future treatment and I think Bogie is dealing with malabsorption and there are tons of possible diagnostics for that.....AHHHHHH!!!!!

It kind of piles up on you sometimes!!!
            Denise, Bogie (diabetic, cushings, now cancer), Molly (diabetic)
            Reba (Cushings) and the other 12 cats and 4 dogs.

Comment

Hi Denise.....
              Well remember I took in a new dog Lu Lu? ( pit bull)
              she was a rescue that my son got from a bad home.....
              about a week and a half ago I let my son take her back to his house.....
              He has a pit also Bruno.... who don't get a log well sometimes with some dogs....
              My son was convinced that because Lu Lu was a girl that Bruno would be fine with her..
              Well a few days after she was there.... Bruno beat the crap out of her !!!!!
              My husband ( of all people )went there and saw it and brought her back to us...
              I have been tending her wounds but she needed to see a vet...
              so now shes on antibiotics and pain pills....
              I was going to let my daughter have her because there dog Noel ( pit bull) of 13 years was just put to sleep from cancer and they were all sad over there....
              But the few days that Lu Lu was at my son's house, my Zoey stopped eating.
              I didn't put it together until my husband brought Lu Lu home as to why.....
              Zoey was sooooooo happy !!!!! she treats Lu Lu as if it was her puppy.....
              So Lu Lu stays......
              and my daughter went ahead and adopted a new dog Molly ( pit bull)...
              I guess you can see were a pit bull family ... We just are hooked on the breed... you have to own one to understand the love and loyalty from these dogs......
              so thats it,,,, Now your all cought up on the drama......

Comment

Wearing the Big L--this lady did all right with it.

Comment

That was good !!!!!!!I needed that laugh......
                  Yes her L is bigger then mine.....
                  Very good finding that ! too funny....

Comment

Working...
                  X