Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome all Cush dogs!

Natalie,

I just want to chime in with everyone else and offer my "Thanks" too. Your kindness is truly appreciated.

Louise & Munchie
    Munchie, 11 yr. old Mini-Schnauzer, 23.2 lbs., diabetes 10/24/12. 8 units Novolin N 2xdaily.

Comment

Nat - Ditto from me, too. Sue

Comment

Originally posted by CarolW View Post
        Marianne - I hope cc.net returns without problems. When servers go down, it is NO FUN. Same for personal computers! - but with a forum like yours, it's just awful to lose it, even for a day.

------------------

P.S. You look hysterically funny to me as a "Junior Member" here! HAHAHA! (Comes from being away from home, I guess!)

Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:01:20 (PDT)
        Carol, don't worry -- with as big a "mouth" as I've got, I'll be advancing to Senior Member in no time!

Marianne

Comment

ALISON!!!!! Let's check it out!!!! Also can we set up any types of web pages that could be found via google, msn, yahoo, and any other search engines? As you know, I am a techno idiot, but I will do all I can to help find folks.

So glad to see you again!

Big hugs,
          Leslie and the girls
          "May you know that absence is full of tender presence
          and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." Anne, a Corgi mom

Comment

The reason I think that buying a Google Ad and putting up on the "old" CC.net site (and maybe Google itself too) could be good at this point is that it takes time for the Google spiders etc. to work their way through sites and also how far up Google places a site on its rankings (how close to the top of the first page) depends on how many hits the site has had - it would take a while for a new site to work it's way up from what I understand.

Buying a Google Ad would fast track things and, if the ad was put up on "old" site it would allow us to take advantage of the ranking of the old site in the short term. It will be around now that people will be clicking on the old website trying to get through.

Another idea: We could contact Kate Connick and ask if we can put up a link at her site sending people to K9D. It won't pick up our members necessarily but it will bring new people (who ordinarily would have found CC.net) here.

Alison
            Last edited by AlisonandMia; 04-12-2009, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I agree its a great idea. The thing is you don't buy a google ad. You pay for key word search optimization. (called paid search) You have no guarantee it would show up on the cc.net page. It is all search based, not page based.

Luckily there are few selling products to cushings dogs so it would not be asexpensive. Number of paying advertisers determines the price. This is why I want to discuss it with our technoid at work.

I don't do this work but I manage his efforts and the ad bills. I am glad to help if you want.

You are right that the crawlers take more time - however there are tricks to speed it up. Neither one of these solutions would bring people to the k9d site tomorrow.

Kim

Comment

Thank you Natalie. I'm sure there are a lot of cush parents that are freaking, cc.net is a lifeline to so many.

Hi Alison , we miss your wisdom.

Christy

Comment

From what I read in the info re Google Ads you can stipulate where you want it placed and pay per click or pay at a flat rate I think.

I'll go have a look again.

Here's the link to the info (meant to put it in in previous post - duh!): https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv...n_AU-et-adsctr

I've only skimmed this but it looks like you can target what sites on which you want your ads:https://adwords.google.com.au/suppor...y?answer=18265

Alison
                  Last edited by AlisonandMia; 04-12-2009, 05:04 PM.

Comment

There's a page in the Pet Diabetes Wiki dealing with Cushing's because it's often found along with DM. I can change the link on that page to this board if you like. Then people who are reading there will know where to find you now.

Kathy

Adding--when I Google "canine cushings board" one of the hits on the first page is to the Pet Diabetes Wiki page on Cushing's:

"Cushing's disease - Pet Diabetes
                    "Another health problem for canine Cushing's patients is high blood pressure ... Canine Cushing's Message Board where help and support are available. ..."

http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Cushing's_disease

At present, the link is to cc.net.
                    Last edited by We Hope; 04-12-2009, 05:13 PM. Reason: more

Comment

Hey Kathy! Yes, that would be very helpful, I think. The Pet Diabetes Wiki site does indeed come up as one of the first 5 listed sites when I google "canine cushings message board".

I'm also thinking that it's still very possible that cc.net will be back up and running fairly soon. It's only been down for three or four days and I am quite sure that regular backups have been done there ever since its inception, so once the problem is figured out, it shouldn't be hard for the owner to restore the message board with all posts and threads and photos etc intact.

You can always change the link at the Wiki site back to cc.net if and when the cc.net site is back up and running, of course.

Meanwhile, let's everyone do our best to pass the word on to anyone we have contact info for, to let them know that Nat has set up a temporary meeting place for us here.

Comment

Done! With a note that you are now temporarily at k9diabetes.com Forum.

Kathy

Comment

Kathy, maybe I'm looking in a different spot on the Wiki page, but at the bottom of the page, under Dogs, it says "Canine Cushing's Message Board where help and support are available. " and the link still seems to point to cc.net. ??

I'm looking here:

http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Cushing's_disease

Comment

A weird thing - don't know if it matters though. I went to the Wiki and clicked on the link and ended up here BUT I wasn't logged in (I have clicked "Remember Me"). I was still logged in on another tab/window though.

Alison

Comment

Okay, now it's pointing here.

Comment

Try it again Cushy - it works for me - unless there are two links and each of us has found the other one. The not-logged-in thing is strange though.

Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X