Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sydney

Oh my goodness!! I am never complaining about my morning again! You, my dear, are a saint!
    Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

I'm exhausted! lol. Bless you Tami
      Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

No sympathy here - was trying to make you smile

it is a bit funny when you read it - not that anyone wishes to BE this person - lol!!!!

A funnier tidbit is my husband wonders why I blew a gasket on him last week when he told me I needed more patience (true story).
        Last edited by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom; 04-28-2014, 06:56 AM.
        Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

This is truly love.
          Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

LOL. you are the best dog mom ever! I only have 1 diabetic dog and the routine is getting longer and longer each week too.
            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

wow

its does seem like controlled chaos . definitely cracked me up

a video of that routine on youtube would probably make you a millionaire

keep it up tami you are truly an inspiration of that can do spirit
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

youtube.....hhmmmmmm - I could put carnival music to it - or that wicked witch of the west music when she's riding her bike.

In between scenes, I'll show a person spinning plates atop sticks.

I will need a choreographer...any takers?

Decisions...decisions.....
                Last edited by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom; 04-28-2014, 10:29 AM.
                Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Oh my Tami

Your Furmom of the year lol

I, m lucky to remember a fresh bowl of water and take the insulin out of the fridge in the mornings, hoping I wake up to the alarm clock

My hats off to you, have a great day
                  Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                  20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

God Bless you sweet lady, it is making me realize I do not have it that hard.
                    Ben wgt. 45 lbs. Puggle diagnosed 1/15/14 Hills Science Diet W/D with smaller topper of wet Novalin-N 13 units b.i.d.

Comment

How funny ! Love it - you have your hands full with the blue hairs.
                      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Thank you for the wonderful saga of your morning....and I'll bet you hit repeat at night!

With those patients you definitely have enough patience!
                        Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

True love at its best!

Add rain or snow, circus music, play in fast forward and you'd have a youtube sensation.

I think you need this...

Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

So is the morning routine considered part of your cardio work out or is it the strength training part of it? LOL!

The fact that it's all 'routine' really shows the strength of the bond between human and animal - the girls are just as lucky to have you as you are to have them. Blessings to you all.
                            Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Holli nailed it on the lucky part.
                              Everybody needs a shero, so you are it!
                              Gone Running! Hang a Sign
                              Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

WHEW, ... you're a great mom for your girls, Tami. I don't have a doubt God's gonna hve a special spot reserved for you and your girls.

Most outside of these forums would think many of us crazy because of the extremes we go to for our pups to have a nice life, in spite of the limitations imposed by their diabetes.

We just expect it. ... Why??? Our pups are "family", and are entitled to all of the associated benefits and loyalties.

KUDOS to you, mom!
                                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Working...
                                X