No announcement yet.

Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tami- im so sorry to hear the news. I'm very sad right now with old feelings rushing back.

Take care of yourselves and give Sophie a hug from my giant clan. She was a great and beautiful dog.
    I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

• Re: Sydney

Love the stories Tami.
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Tami,

I feel your pain and its down deep, I cannot think of any words at this sad time, emotion has took hold of me, know I'll be walking the road with you these days to come.

Love,

Dolly and Angel Niki
        Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

I like to think that is where Sydney is now... Surrounding by her "sister" friends, and they are taking care of her. I am sure she is in very good hands.

Thinking of you.
          Barb
          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

It's all about the hair - and all about your immense love for her and hers for you. So glad you're coming back and telling her stories.
            Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

It's been two weeks since our girl left us. Although I would say we are doing pretty well, my heart does still ache for her and we miss her terribly. I have only dreamt of her once (two days after her departure). She jumped on the bed to wake me up - I must have shook in my sleep and woke up just in time to see her jumping off the bed with her tail held high. It's been a LONG time since she has jumped on the bed and a long time since she held her tail up.

When husband left for work today, I was outside puttering around, came in and there was a voicemail stating "Hey - there is a Sydney dog going to walk by our house any minute now - go look" (husband saw a person walking a syd-lookalike talking a walk). I got out there just in time to see her rounding the corner about 1/2 block away - again, fluffy tail held high and happy.

Thanks for all the warm thoughts - you are all so appreciated!

Tami
              Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Ok, I'm sitting at my desk at work and my eyes are full of water (allergies?)...

Sounds like maybe Syd is letting you know she is ok. Love the visual of her tail held up high. Only down side is that it still doesn't stop the heart ache.

I remember awhile back that you talked about telling your girls each night that you still needed them. I borrowed that idea and tell Kinser every night that I'm not ready for him to join Decker yet. Haven't shared that I'll never be ready but since he can't really hear me I figure it's all good.

Sending a virtual hug!
                Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

I've been thinking of you. hugs, Judi
                  Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

just the other day i talked to my neighbor a young girl with a couple kids . i just got back from a trip to reno . my daughters dog teppie ( a chihauhau and jrt mix ) he is a boy and quite feisty to strangers. he jumped into her arms and she started crying . i thought that was quite unussual for that little tep because he does not know her .

she said her dog molly had died a mix pitbull black dog and very sweet . i said hmmm i just saw her the other day outside the fence in front of her yard ( sometimes an escape artist ) i was walking jesse and teppie and was worried about teppie if molly ran down off leash because that little tep can be a bit unpredictable and in my mind please molly dont come down here . she looked like she was going to make the charge happy to see me but she stopped dead in her tracks and i said thank you .

well back to the conversation she said oh no she got hit by a car a month ago . it was molly no question . the funny thing there was her family around her outside the fence and she seemed to be invisible to them but i did not think about that to much at the time .

haven't seen her again probably saying goodbye . i think the story comforted my neighbor and thats why those experiences happen they do want to say there alright .they are happy where they are and going and say its ok you dont have to be sad i am in a good place and someday you will be to and we will be reunited

tami love does not die it just transforms to something more and sydney is proof of that . i understand the missing part . sometimes i already miss jesse and she hasnt left yet . weird isnt it
                    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Thank you all. Today has been very very hard. I thought I was doing quite well - not so today. To top off the tears, received a sympathy card in the mail today from the vets office AND a letter from the Charleston Animal Society with the Rainbow Bridge poem on it - also stating a donation had been made in Sydney's honor by her vet hospital.

I'm so sad.
                      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

It's been awhile for me Tami, but I know how you feel. not so much with Ruby because she came to our family so late and our relationship was conflicted, but Maggie and my brother Sean.... It is coming up to the year anniversary of his death and I feel as though I am losing him and her all over again.

It does get easier, yes. BUT there are still days and moments when I feel as though I will collapse with the hurt, fear and disbelief.

The fear comes from taking in my own mortality as I get older and folks around me are either dying or getting cancer. Mixed in there is just how fragile life is even to the healthiest of us. I look at my son and husband and my breath catches in my throat.

I am doing some work and reading to process it all, but it is a process. Yesterday I was a mess when I came home....just had to let it all out.

Did it feel as though Sydney was really there? I have had dreams about my dogs, but they weren't really there. Then I have had dreams when I could just tell that it was them and they were there with me.

When you say "you woke up just in time to see her jump off the bed", did you wake up in your dream or did you actually see her while you were awake.

I think these things that happen to folks when they are awake give clues to how evolved or open...something that the people are.

And Jessie Girl....WOW!

The only dog who has ever come to me in a dream was my first dog Stevie. What a wonderful gift that was. I have a teensy resentment that the other dogs haven't visited yet. I am sure it is telling that they haven't. I don't think I have enough peace and quiet in my mind just yet...even in sleep.

A book you might find helpful is Animal in Spirit, by Penelope Smith.

Tara
                        Tara in honor of Ruby.
                        She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                        Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubytuesday View Post
                          Did it feel as though Sydney was really there? I have had dreams about my dogs, but they weren't really there. Then I have had dreams when I could just tell that it was them and they were there with me.

When you say "you woke up just in time to see her jump off the bed", did you wake up in your dream or did you actually see her while you were awake.

I think these things that happen to folks when they are awake give clues to how evolved or open...something that the people are.

A book you might find helpful is Animal in Spirit, by Penelope Smith.

Tara
                          I was definitely awake seeing her jump off the bed. Small sidebar: I randomly have night terrors (typically due to stress). If anyone is familiar with those - they are VERY real and you are awake for part of it - more often than not - jumping out of bed and dealing with whatever it is in the terror that needs to be dealt with. So - given those experiences - I can most definitely say I was awake (but it wasn't a night terror - it was awesome).

I'm going to download that book.

And agreed on Jessegirl - WOW!

Comment

Tami... oh how I can related. I remember I would always 'hear' Abby after she was gone. I would wake up and I know that she was barking, and it was always be at the same time... 6:00 am. Many months of this, but somehow it was very comforting, to know that they are not completely gone.

Strange... I can still 'feel' her presence, but no longer the barking. What I find strange as well, is that some days you think you are doing great... and WHAM, it just hits you.

Thinking of you.

Barb
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

so sorry Tami. I too cry every time I read the rainbow bridge poem and get tears in my eyes every morning when I say hello to the picture of forbes on my desk. It's unfortunately never not sad, it just doesn't linger
                              Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

{{{Hugs}}}
                                I'm home this week. Ali's trees are encroaching on her space. Hoping to trim them back so I can visit. There are those that just stay in your heart forever.
                                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
                                X