Lily - My English Setter became an angel April 24, 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lily - My English Setter - Diabetis and Hypothyroidism

Oh my...she's adorable. Makes you want to just curl up with her . Good luck with the dose increase. My Ali was pretty sensitive to insulin and we used to have to move in smaller increments than a full unit. But sounds like you know her ranges pretty well and how much she can handle. Give her a belly rub from us...her coat looks so soft
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Re: Lily - Update

I really don't have knowledge about the cataract surgery and what leads up to it in regards to eye drops and bg levels, we've been lucky so far, but the others will chime in. I just wanted to wish you good luck and tell you again just how gorgeous I think Lily is!
      Mel
      Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Lily's Cataract Surgery

Lily had her cataract surgery yesterday and everything went well. I took her in at 8:30 and picked her up at 4:00. Once she got home, we started her new array of meds, she had a full meal at 8:00PM and then her full dose of insulin.

She was restless most of the evening and finally fell asleep around 1:00AM and woke up at 7:00AM. BG levels are good. Best of all ... She can see us already.

My fingers are crossed that she continues to improve.

We go back next Thursday for her follow up visit.

Here she is with her new hat ...

And, oh my, her new meds ...

The sun feels good ...

Last edited by MikeMurphy; 04-18-2018, 12:06 PM.
        Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
        Diabetes: Aug 2013
        Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
        Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Oh she is so pretty even with her hat! All those meds - that brings back the memories - i had to set alarms to keep them all straight. It is a tough road but worth it. Glad she is doing well.
          Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Good luck with all the aftercare!

Glad she is doing well.

Judy
            Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

Great news for Lily & family! Thrilled that she can see again and she does carry her 'hat' very well - such a beautiful girl! Wishing you the best for a continued speedy recovery. That med picture says it all!
              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Amy, Judy, Holli,

Thanks for your thoughts! This is turning in to a full time job, but we do love our dogs. It's a good thing I retired last September.

Mike

Comment

She is so beautiful!
                  Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

She is so pretty, even with her cone of shame!
                    Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Send cyber hugs, healing vibes, well wishes, and good luck with the aftercare

Audrey & Bazzle
                      Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

That girl just melts my heart . Intensive med routine but totally worth it if she has no issues!
                        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Good luck, I am so happy she can see. Really looks like a lot of meds there, but we love our babies so much we would do anything for them.
                          Ben wgt. 45 lbs. Puggle diagnosed 1/15/14 Hills Science Diet W/D with smaller topper of wet Novalin-N 13 units b.i.d.

Comment

Lily - Cataract Surgery

Lily had her first follow-up visit after last week's cataract surgery and she is progressing well. Her eye pressure is perfect and she has responded well to her new meds, so her eye vet has reduced the number and frequency of the meds.

She is currently on four different eye drops plus Rimadyl with her meals. She has her second follow-up visit in two weeks.

The eye vet is normally a half hour drive for us, but this morning it took us 1.5 hours to get there in a zero visibility lake effect snow storm.

Thanks again for all of your well wishes!

Here she is resting after the ride home ... No more Elizabethan Collar (aka cone of shame). The thyroid meds are really working and it's almost time to get groomed.
                            Last edited by MikeMurphy; 04-18-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Re: Lily - Cataract Surgery

Such good news!! Makes you wonder what they think when all of a sudden they can see again!

She is such a beautiful girl! Praying she continues to do well!
                              Mel
                              Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Great report!
                                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Working...
                                X