Penn Vet's Ryan Hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn Vet's Ryan Hospital

Has any one taken their dog there for diabetes? I have an appointment next week for my girl Pepper. I cannot find the key to keeping her regulated, nothing changes but her BG swings are everywhere.
    Terry
    Last edited by tplace; 08-19-2014, 10:45 AM.
    7 year old Australian Cattle Dog, contracted Diabetes as the result of a bone marrow transplant for cancer, Spring 2014. AlphaTrack2, Novolin N x2/day

Re: Penn Vet's Ryan Hospital

I found your other thread, but didn't see any full curve data (at least in the past several weeks). It might be helpful if you would post the results of your curves so that someone might be able to make a comment.

Craig
    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Thanks Craig,
      I'll do another curve tomorrow morning and post on the other thread.

I would like to know if anyone has experience with the doc's at Penn, I need to find a competent Internist.
      7 year old Australian Cattle Dog, contracted Diabetes as the result of a bone marrow transplant for cancer, Spring 2014. AlphaTrack2, Novolin N x2/day

Comment

Hi Terry-
        Have you had any contact with U of Penn for Pepper? I have emailed the Diabetes Program Director, Rebecka Hess, to see if she can refer me to an internist in my PA area, Allentown, PA or I may be taking my Westie for a consult there. I am having a difficult time regulating him and I am having a hard time finding a knowledgeable vet.

Deb

Comment

Originally posted by wehrto View Post
          Hi Terry-
          Have you had any contact with U of Penn for Pepper? I have emailed the Diabetes Program Director, Rebecka Hess, to see if she can refer me to an internist in my PA area, Allentown, PA or I may be taking my Westie for a consult there. I am having a difficult time regulating him and I am having a hard time finding a knowledgeable vet.

Deb
          Hi Deb,
          Dr Hess is out of the country until mid Oct. i did take her to Penn last week and she saw Dr Callahan, she is a senior clinician that works for Dr Hess. When i get to a real pc i'll write more. Hate this little kybd

Comment

Hi Terry-

Thanks, I appreciate it. I find I am getting so much more information from this forum than any of the 4 vets I've been to. I don't know if I am expecting too much from them or if they really don't know that much about diabetes. They seem to be contradicting each other. I'm trying to be patient with working on a food combination, every time I think I am getting close (a tight, but somewhat high curve where I can increase insulin) I get an extremely low number, 80's during the week before his evening meal. I must be his stress factor since the weekends when I am home and do the curve he is high.....

Comment

Working...
            X