Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Zoe

I am so sorry. Zoe had a beautiful life and cancer sucks. RIP pretty girl
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure she knew she was loved.
      Antonia
      Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. You did everything possible for your girl the 10 years she was with you, and she knows this. I'm certain Zoe will be patiently waiting for you to join her in that better place.

You, and yours, have my deep condolences and Godspeed to Zoe.
        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

oh man - I'm so sorry to hear this.

Sending you strong shoulders and warm memories that will eventually dry your tears and lead to smiles...
          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

• Re: Sweet Zoe has departed February 18, 2018

Aw... so very sorry to hear that Zoe had so little time here with you after her cancer diagnosis.

It sounds like she came to you from another home? However, she wound up in your home and your heart, she was a lucky girl to have someone to care for her so deeply and completely through it all.

Sending her a big kiss skyward and a hug to you,

Natalie

Comment

I am so sorry. Run free sweet Zoe.

Jake
              13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
              At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Zoe was lucky to have loving humans to help her live her life to the fullest. You're in my prayers!
                Cari the Cairn. 12 years old, weighing in at 10.4 lbs. 3U of Novolin N twice a day at meal time. Feed 1/3 c. Pure Balance Lamb and Brown Rice + 1 tsp pure pumpkin and 1 tblsp lean meat twice daily. Frozen green beans as treats for taking her bg's and insulin. She is my spunky little girl.

Comment

Yes, she came from pet finder. She was a Hurricane Katrina refugee of sorts. Her previous owner was in the Navy and was repositioned out of the area because the storm was coming. She left Zoe with a vet to board and then the storm hit. The vet practice was destroyed and the vet ended up practicing in vet offices of friends and he dragged poor Zoe around with him. Her owner couldn't come back and she relinquished her rights. I was looking for a black lab on pet finder in early 2006 and I found Zoe. I don't know when her prior owner found her but she had a few bad moments in her life. I had her xrayed once, and the vet called and asked if I knew that she was riddled with beebees. I did not, of course and I was horrified. Poor thing was someone's target practice.

But that was her past. She lived on the sofa at my house for the rest of her life.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I truly appreciate them.
                  Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

• Oh, no - so very sorry to hear about sweet Zoe. What a great story of rescue - she was one lucky girl. Run free, sweet Zoe.
                    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

How lucky she was to have 10 years of love. run free Zoe, I'm sure Charlie and the rest of the forum fur babies greeted you when you crossed the rainbow bridge.
                      Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Zoe and you will meet again, I am sure of it. So glad you had made a difference in her life.

Barb
                        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Cebe,
                          I'm so sorry to learn that Zoe has passed. May fond memories of her having a spoiled life with you help ease the sorrow of her loss.

I'm glad Zoe brought you to this forum. I remember back when we were struggling to regulate Decker, you were one of those who gently nudged me to consider that something else might be at play with him. His vet has been pretty insistent that he was simply a dog who needed a large dose of insulin and once he hit that dose he would regulate.

Because I'd seen him overdosed in the beginning, my gut had never agreed with him being a dog who simply needed a large dose of insulin. No scientific evidence - just observation from someone who saw him day in and day out. Decker may not have made it as far as he did had we continued on the path of just increasing his insulin. And we may have never know all that he had going on had the folks on here not given me the questions I needed to ask to help him get diagnosed so he could get better. You and many other folks on here helped me learn to be the advocate my pets need me to be.

I am forever grateful to you and so many others. Zoe was lucky to have such a wonderful human in her life.

Holli
                          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Working...
                          X