Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Camellia Camelo - after-bath

Originally posted by Shellie View Post
    Gosh...I couldn't even watch that of Camellia sneezing! Poor baby! But I did so enjoy the after bath video! She looked at you at first like, "aw Mom...what ARE you doing up there with that camera?" LOL What a total cutie!!!
    Shellie - I HAVE to figure out a way to capture Camellia's typical BEGINNING zoomies after a bath, because that sofa you see in the clip has a daybed opposite it, and, typically, Camellia begins by rolling on the daybed, then leaping to the sofa and rolling there, then leaping again to the daybed, and so forth! It's really hilarious!

But there's nobody here but me to get behind the camera! - and it starts the instant I put Camellia down and unwrap the towel she's wrapped in! I don't dare leave her wrapped, for fear she'll injure herself!

Maybe I can catch her some other time leaping between sofa and daybed, because she sometimes does it at other times, too.

Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:54:13 (PST)
    http://www.coherentdog.org/
    CarolW

Comment

• Re: Camellia Camelo

Camellia is such a cutie! She remains pretty calm during the horrible reverse sneezing. Knock wood Jenny and Ranger haven't done that for awhile but it is so scary. hugs
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

For calming shampoo, she gets the zoomies... Sort of strange twist there. she is a cutie..
        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Don't think shampoo matters for zoomies! LOL I don't get quite as many zoomies as we used to. Old age creeping in perhaps but then he gets the wrigglies after eating. I would love to get THAT on camera...very similar to zoomies except confined to the couch. We often lose pillows, blankets and he ALWAYS looks up to see if I'm watching! LOL Wrigglies are really hysterical!
          Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Oh how about the nose dives into the carpet.... Run around the coffee table with. Itt in the air..

Comment

Belated Happy Birthday Camelia! Wishing you many many more.

Natalie

Comment

Originally posted by Poodles View Post
                Camellia is such a cutie! She remains pretty calm during the horrible reverse sneezing. Knock wood Jenny and Ranger haven't done that for awhile but it is so scary. hugs
                It's surely scary for us, isn't it, Judi. Camellia does appear to take it somewhat in stride, but I can see tension in her eyes.

Glad Jenny and Ranger have been free of it for some time. I believe this is going to be somewhat seasonal. I'm watching the pollen reports - this is Alder season for pollen, and our local forests have a LOT of alder Even I am feeling it (I have some allergies too).

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:15:02 (PST)
                CarolW

Comment

Originally posted by Abby's Mom View Post
                  For calming shampoo, she gets the zoomies... Sort of strange twist there. she is a cutie..
                  Ahhhh, HAHAHA! Good one, Barb!

Today was Bath-and-Spray day again. It took me the ENTIRE DAY to catch Camellia today! Didn't wash her till after 6 in the evening; too bad, because earlier, as we had sun today, it was warmer - outside, anyway!

Yep; that is one strange twist. Now add the "cold tail" (see Natalie's thread, Jack the Project) - I had moments of worry (unnecessary) this evening. Finally managed the spray, about 1.5 hours after the bath - and now, Camellia is snoozing on the Day Bed.

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:18:52 (PST)
                  CarolW

Comment

Originally posted by Shellie View Post
                    Don't think shampoo matters for zoomies! LOL I don't get quite as many zoomies as we used to. Old age creeping in perhaps but then he gets the wrigglies after eating. I would love to get THAT on camera...very similar to zoomies except confined to the couch. We often lose pillows, blankets and he ALWAYS looks up to see if I'm watching! LOL Wrigglies are really hysterical!
                    Great description, Shellie! Wrigglies! I love it!

Camellia does something similar, except she's standing on the floor, and rubs up against the hanging throws, especially, the daybed one, but sometimes the sofa one.

Mostly, though Camellia seems to be wiping the sides of her face, and I think maybe she's trying to dislodge bits of food caught between her teeth and the sides of her cheeks. She doesn't do it for very long.

And I haven't especially noticed her watching me to make sure I'm watching, so I guess it's not really the Wrigglies she's doing!

Camellia sends greetings to you and Hank, and so do I!

Love and hugs,
                    Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:23:02 (PST)
                    CarolW

Comment

Originally posted by Abby's Mom View Post
                      Oh how about the nose dives into the carpet.... Run around the coffee table with. Itt in the air..
                      "with. Itt in the air." - typo? OH! butt! (guessing).

Yeah, well, Camellia does that, but on the day bed, primarily. Also when she has the zoomies after a bath.

Doing it running around the coffee table strikes me as being very athletic and brave! (hehe)

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:25:47 (PST)
                      CarolW

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
                        Belated Happy Birthday Camelia! Wishing you many many more.

Natalie
                        Thanks, Natalie. I'm so glad Camellia's birthday was NOT her scheduled Bath-and-Spray Day! I AM trusting she'll have a nice, long life!

Camellia is waving her Magnificent Magic Wand - possibly testing to make sure she doesn't have Cold Tail.

Don't be silly, Mummy; I don't have Cold Tail (00)

You could get it, though, Camellia, if you go out in the Cold when you're Wet. ;-^

Just ask Jack what it feels like, and maybe you'll stay in when you're wet. ;-^

Oh. Well, maybe it's a good idea to stay in when I'm wet. But if you wouldn't give me baths, I wouldn't get wet. (00)

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:35:54 (PST)
                        CarolW

Comment

Originally posted by CarolW View Post
                          Great description, Shellie! Wrigglies! I love it!

Camellia does something similar, except she's standing on the floor, and rubs up against the hanging throws, especially, the daybed one, but sometimes the sofa one.

Mostly, though Camellia seems to be wiping the sides of her face, and I think maybe she's trying to dislodge bits of food caught between her teeth and the sides of her cheeks. She doesn't do it for very long.

And I haven't especially noticed her watching me to make sure I'm watching, so I guess it's not really the Wrigglies she's doing!

Camellia sends greetings to you and Hank, and so do I!

Love and hugs,
                          Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:23:02 (PST)

Is probably still technically wrigglies since I think that is likely what Hank is doing as well. Mostly after a meal and it does seem to involve his head quite a bit. Gee, thanks dude, for getting dog food on my sofa...LOL Ah well...DO so love the wrigglies!

And greetings back to you and Camellia! From us both, too!
                          Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Shellie - somehow, Camellia manages to do this without leaving food deposits, which makes my life easy - of course, her face is clipped down; she has essentially no beard.

Thu, 8 Mar 2012 02:11:06 (PST)
                            CarolW

Comment

Originally posted by CarolW View Post
                              "with. Itt in the air." - typo? OH! butt! (guessing).

Yeah, well, Camellia does that, but on the day bed, primarily. Also when she has the zoomies after a bath.

Doing it running around the coffee table strikes me as being very athletic and brave! (hehe)

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:25:47 (PST)
                              Itt = Butt.... you are so correct. Yes typo. I type on a keyboard, that has sticky keys, or on an ipad which likes to fill in the words for you.

Ugh..

Comment

I hate keyboards like that. Mouses, too My mouse is jumpy, and does things I don't intend, like double-clicking when I only made a single click. Ouch!

I get unwanted results. Sheesh!

Mummy, you could let me handle the mouse; I'd do a better job than you would. (00)

Okay, Camellia - it's a deal! And you can type for me, too! ;-^

Thanks, Mum. I'll type better than you, too. (00)

Thu, 8 Mar 2012 07:10:44 (PST)
                                CarolW

Comment

Working...
                                X