Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to buy AlphaTrak II test strips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best place to buy AlphaTrak II test strips?

I just got my Alpha Trak 2 with 25 test strips. From the looks of it, I might need to order more right away.
    Is ADW still the best place to get a decent price? I checked amazon and it wasnt any chearper. 100 ct is close to $100! Eekkks...

Comment

ADW is the only place I have found so far. They do periodically have sales, and then I stock up...otherwise, the more you buy the larger the discount.
      Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Barb,
        what is ADW?? vetapprovedrx.com has them $63.00 for 50 !!
        Is ADW better??
        Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Originally posted by stylynjm View Post
          Barb,
          what is ADW?? vetapprovedrx.com has them $63.00 for 50 !!
          Is ADW better??
          Not Barb, but will send you a link to ADW: http://search.americandiabeteswholes...ords=alphatrak

Whenever I order strips, I take 30 minutes and do a Google search. ADW seems to be the lowest, but others could have sales.

Craig
          Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Funny thing - The FSL strips I have are code 16, but the AlphaTrak II doesn't let me set it to 16. It goes straight from 15 to 17! Anyone else found something like this?

I am supposed to do a glucose curve today but my new pack of Alpha Trak test strips have not arrived yet. The FSL strips (set on code 15 or 17) are giving very high readings - 486 and 511 so far this morning! Very frustrating.
            Last edited by Lucy10; 07-17-2013, 10:57 AM.
            Linda & Lucy, 10+ years, spaniel cross, 50lb, diagnosed 6/26/13

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy10 View Post
              Funny thing - The FSL strips I have are code 16, but the AlphaTrak II doesn't let me set it to 16. It goes straight from 15 to 17! Anyone else found something like this?

I am supposed to do a glucose curve today but my new pack of Alpha Trak test strips have not arrived yet. The FSL strips (set on code 15 or 17) are giving very high readings - 486 and 511 so far this morning! Very frustrating.
              My testing using the new style FreeStyle Lite test strips in the AlphaTrak2 meter was best if the meter was set to 7 (disregard the code on the FSL bottle).

I ordered more FSL strips over the weekend and hope they arrive in todays mail (around 1pm PDST). I'll run side-by-side tests as soon as they arrive. I would NOT trust FSL readings unless you have AT2 strips to compare to.

Craig
              Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

In case you want to look back at some of Annie's FSL - AT2 testing from 6 weeks ago, look at post number 936, 943, 947, 951 in her thread:
                http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1637

Of course these were my tests / comparisons, everyone interested should do their own

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig,
                  They definitely have a better price...Good info
                  Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                    My testing using the new style FreeStyle Lite test strips in the AlphaTrak2 meter was best if the meter was set to 7 (disregard the code on the FSL bottle).

I ordered more FSL strips over the weekend and hope they arrive in todays mail (around 1pm PDST). I'll run side-by-side tests as soon as they arrive. I would NOT trust FSL readings unless you have AT2 strips to compare to.

Craig

Thanks for the tip about code 7. Hopefully my new strips will arrive in the post today. I just tried a FSL strip on code 7 and she was 382 which is more like what she has been in recent testing. I know she is still too high as her urine is still full of glucose.

Comment

Thanks for the tip about code 7. Hopefully my new strips will arrive in the post today. I just tried a FSL strip on code 7 and she was 382 which is more like what she has been in recent testing. I know she is still too high as her urine is still full of glucose.
                      Annie saw the mailman pass the house, so we ran out to check to see if the FSL strips had arrived. THEY ARE HERE! Went straight into testing mode and got the following:

AlphaTrak2 with Alphatrak2 test strips (code 35) = 95
                      AlphaTrak2 with FreeStyle Lite test strips (coded 35) = 120
                      AlphaTrak2 with FreeStyle Lite test strips (coded 7) = 83

The bottle of AT2 strips listed the code as 35 and the FreeStyle Lite strips listed the code as 16 which I ignored. I probably should have tried a strip at 16, but the droplet was a little small. I'll try to remember to do a 16, along with the 7 this evening.

The 95 & 83 are close enough for me. Of course this is in a lower range and I'd like to see test results in the high 100s - mid 200s.

Craig

BTW, the FSL strips cost $28 for 50 strips.
                      Last edited by CraigM; 07-17-2013, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Very cool Craig. I too would like to see the 16 and 7 codes.

12 points difference thats awesome.

I can get the fsl strips here cheap but the alphatrack 2 is $150 to $250 canadian here.

Good job

Mo
                        Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                        20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                          Annie saw the mailman pass the house, so we ran out to check to see if the FSL strips had arrived. THEY ARE HERE! Went straight into testing mode and got the following:

AlphaTrak2 with Alphatrak2 test strips (code 35) = 95
                          AlphaTrak2 with FreeStyle Lite test strips (coded 35) = 120
                          AlphaTrak2 with FreeStyle Lite test strips (coded 7) = 83

The bottle of AT2 strips listed the code as 35 and the FreeStyle Lite strips listed the code as 16 which I ignored. I probably should have tried a strip at 16, but the droplet was a little small. I'll try to remember to do a 16, along with the 7 this evening.

The 95 & 83 are close enough for me. Of course this is in a lower range and I'd like to see test results in the high 100s - mid 200s.

Craig

BTW, the FSL strips cost $28 for 50 strips.
                          Very nice! I wonder if adjusting the code to say 8 or 9 would get it even closer?

Comment

Hi,

I used to buy Criss' FreeStyle strips on Ebay. Just made sure the seller had good ratings and the strips weren't out of date. I did that for about 4 years. I don't think they've stopped selling strips on Ebay, but I haven't had a need to check.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Very nice! I wonder if adjusting the code to say 8 or 9 would get it even closer?
                              I selected 7 because in "the old days" the old style AlphaTrak strips were always(?) coded 7. Some of us had good results using the older style FSL strips in the older grey colored AlphaTrak set to 7.

Hard to keep things straight when they update (change) their meters and strips every few years.

Note: these recent tests are using the newest style FSL strips that mention the "FreeStyle Freedom Lite" meter.

Craig

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Abbott-FreeS...-/261602322988

Will these work in a Alphatrak II device?

Comment

Working...
                                X