Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Angel Eyes has had to remove tylan from their products. We used to sell a ton but the all natural product is not good and doesn't work. The vets probably lobbied to get it outlawed so they can get all the profit.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Introducing Maggie - Diabetic 8 years!

You can order Tylan on the Internet as just straight Tylan....or at
least you could.
Just googled and Amazon has some.

Tara
Old 06-07-2016, 04:45 PM

Tractor Supply used to carry Tylan. I don't know if they do anymore, but I have bought it there in the past.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:10 PM

Darn, i just threw out some tylan!!! I had gotten it from an online pharmacy but had to go through vet.
My daughter has had sibo and dose massive probiotics, but did do tylan like tx.really expensive!!!!
Ohhh,hope little Maggie gets feeling better
Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:14 PM

Wink Re: Introducing Maggie - Diabetic 8 years!

Amy,
Just called tractor supply here.they carry 200 mg tylan,no rx needed. Let me know if i can help
Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:04 PM

Thanks guys for all the tips. I may run out to Tractor Supply tomorrow.

It has been very up and down. I thought Sunday night that maybe we had to start seriously considering that the end was here. She was so uncomfortable and panting and just generally feeling pretty awful. But, the past couple of days have been much better so that thought is on the back burner. I thought that I would most certainly know when the time was right but every time I see her start to slide, she makes a comeback. We go through the quality of life scale that was posted here and she continues to score pretty high considering all things.

We are going back to the vet on Thursday. Fingers crossed she stays stable for a while. Of course, her allergies (and mine) are quite fierce at the moment. Her face is itching so bad.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:02 PM

Such a tough time when you start thinking those thoughts. She is quite a little fighter.

On another note, my son has a hard time with allergies. Well mine were bothering me a little so I tried the Neti pot and haven't had any trouble. I told Basil about it and he was willing to try it. It is helping so much that he even remembers to do it before school on his own. He says most of the things I suggest are weird and disgusting....but they work.

Take care of yourself, Tara
Old 06-07-2016, 08:18 PM

Neti pots are great!

Last edited by Elodie; 06-07-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:40 PM

Seems the problem Maggie is having from the food change. I.m thinking some meds will not go well with certain foods

Did u try a fish topper with the Nutriska like this new Tiki salmon and maybe cut back on the pain meds.

Too many changes might be a tummy problem and add a probiitic

Just adding in my thoughts
Old 06-08-2016, 06:44 PM

Maggie was having these problems before the food change and actually she has improved a great deal but changing food has not completely taken care of all the symptoms. She doesn't like anything with fish.

The blood sugar is the problem - she is either sky high or really low. The four meals is not working with two doses. Gonna try to come up with a three dose schedule with nph. Anybody got a plan for that?