Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Jesse girl

thanks liz and tami . I think tami craigs annie was 9 and amys maggie was close to 9 . It is a long time . It would be nice if jesse could hang out as long as liz's snicker who is 18 which i believe is the oldest dog to be diabetic on this forum

As far as squirrels in her younger days she would not let go but she doesnt seem interested in them anymore . Its rabbits or nothing and she isnt going to catch them but she believes she can ha
Jesse-26 lbs - 15 years old - 9.5 years diabetic - one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack - 3 shots of Novolin a day sometimes Novolog or r as a correction to higher sugar but that is rare. total insulin for a 24 hour period is between 8 and 10 units of NPH insulin depending on her fasting number
Old 03-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Founding Member

Much love to Jesse girl from her aunt Judi!
Old 03-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi View Post
Much love to Jesse girl from her aunt Judi!
back at you Judi
Jesse-26 lbs - 15 years old - 9.5 years diabetic - one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack - 3 shots of Novolin a day sometimes Novolog or r as a correction to higher sugar but that is rare. total insulin for a 24 hour period is between 8 and 10 units of NPH insulin depending on her fasting number
Old 06-26-2019, 02:38 PM

Just popping in, as sometimes I do. So happy to see that Jesse is doing fine. Give her some kisses from us.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:34 PM
Founding Member

I will barb thanks
Old 10-13-2019, 08:50 AM
Founding Member

Its time for Jesses 6 month update

It is her 15 year birthday and she has been diabetic for over 9.5 years . She is doing well and still Jesse . She does have a bit of the old timers in a dulling of the senses and mental acuity

She still enjoys going out searching for rabbits but clearly the rabbits have the advantage but jesse does not know that

She has definitely dispelled many myths about K9 diabetes . Like you cant give a homemade diet because it cant be exact and its not balanced like commercial processed dog food , you cant use a human blood glucose meter and with that she uses a discount human meter , you must have close to normal blood sugar to survive , The hope is your dog can live maybe 3 years and will loose their site . These are all the things I heard at the beginning of jesses journey .

Her one meal a day dispels a myth for all diabetics that its possible to just give one meal . At the time we did it was unheard of .

My grand kids just love her and so does everyone we meet . Its funny to see her with the grand kids and my kids when they were young as she has become a generational dog . She has also seen many friends come and go over the years . she has a special way about her as gentle and kind . She has improved my life as I feed of that kind nature and me changing what I ate which improved my health . I was pre diabetic at one time but not anymore and I thank jesse for that

Well it is time to buy more strips ( I buy 6 months of strips at a time ) thats kind of how i project time and the future and that wont change unless she tells me something different .
Old 10-13-2019, 03:48 PM

I love reading a good jesse update. She is one amazing dog!

Hope she continues living the good dog’s life. Congratulations on a job well done.

Mike and Lily
Nulo Adult Trim Cod & Lentils, Pumpkin, FortiFlora, Dasuquin, Thyroxine
Old 10-13-2019, 04:17 PM
Founding Member

Thanks Mike she is amazing
Old 10-14-2019, 07:46 AM
Founding Member

Congratulations, Jesse and Happy Birthday as well!

Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann
Old 10-14-2019, 08:16 AM
Founding Member

Thanks Bonnie

she is such a joy and appreciate everyday