Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:03 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Lily - My English Setter

Its important to update our pups to see how they are doing and you very good about doing that mike

yeah jesse is definitely getting older but thats ok it how life works .
Old 06-12-2018, 09:45 AM

I think that Iíve found a solution to Lilyís reluctance to eating her breakfast. For the past 3 weeks, Iíve been adding a layer of crushed PureBites Freeze Dried Chicken Breast to the bottom of her bowl and so far, so good.

In the meantime, she enjoys spotting squirrels in the back yard...

Nulo Adult Trim Cod & Lentils, Pumpkin, FortiFlora, Dasuquin, Thyroxine
Old 06-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMurphy View Post
I think that I’ve found a solution to Lily’s reluctance to eating her breakfast. For the past 3 weeks, I’ve been adding a layer of crushed PureBites Freeze Dried Chicken Breast to the bottom of her bowl and so far, so good.

Squirrels come on to this side of the fence you will have more fun

Thats good news mike. Eating can be challenging for some diabetics and as dogs get older like humans appetite may decline
Old 06-12-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMurphy View Post
I think that Iíve found a solution to Lilyís reluctance to eating her breakfast. For the past 3 weeks, Iíve been adding a layer of crushed PureBites Freeze Dried Chicken Breast to the bottom of her bowl and so far, so good.

The overwhelming joy it brings when we find that our babies are doing well..Chicken is what turned Suzie around with eating. However, even though the DVM encouraged even more chicken, he now is watching her BUN=39 (from 34), stating, "Don't change diet yet until we repeat the BUN"= 7/1/2018. So....now searching for? something to sub chicken with if need be. I am so glad that Lilly is liking her meals..She is so beautiful and looks soooo good.. Lilly is sooo loved by you

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1091352167
Old 07-26-2018, 08:31 PM

Happy Birthday to my girl, Lily. Sheís 11 years old today and going into her 6th year with diabetes.

Here she is trying to stay cool on a breezy day. Itís been a hot summer around here.

And showing off her bandage after stepping on a thorn and getting an infection. Sheís on antibiotics for the infection.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:10 PM
Founding Member

Happy birthday Lily

you and your partner have done a wonderful job and hope to see many more years ahead of you and living a happy dogs life

Its been hot here to. I have to bring a gallon of water to pour on jesse before she has her rabbit chase . Fortunate for us we have a dry heat and the water creates evaporation cooling kind of like us when we sweat

Living in the desert we have the land of the poky poky and jesse has it down to a science pulling them out with her teeth . Funny girl

keep up the good work mike
Old 07-27-2018, 05:27 AM

Gives us all hope and encouragement that diabetes, as I know with even myself, is very manageable and livable.

And I live across the lake from you Mike, in the Toronto area, so I know the humid heat. But nothing but rain off and on for the last week. Grass is green again.
Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:40 AM

Happy Birthday to Lily, Mike, ... and KUDOS to you for providing her with amazing care. ... Hoping your girl has many more to celebrate!
Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dadís loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:10 AM

Bill, Raysaint and jesse girl... thank you.

We had a refreshing cold front come in from Canada last night. No rain, but way more comfortable today.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:34 PM

Happy Birthday beautiful Lily!
Daisy 11 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 5.5 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily