No announcement yet.

Introducing......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to wish everyone happy holidays and a healthy, safe new year. Started a new photobucket thing http://s864.photobucket.com/user/Deb...loa/slideshow/ Not sure if it will work.

I've rescued 1 mommy cat and 3 kittens, and 2 other cats this month. I found the kittens a home and built a big enclosure in the garage for the other cats. The white with black is Bonnie, the black fluffy one is Clyde, and the other one is mommy cat named Betty. Working on placing them. They are great loving cats. You can see photos in the bucket thing, you'll know which they are because they're in the garage and not in our Xmas card.

I should just start my own rescue!
    Last edited by nibbles-mommy; 12-20-2013, 03:35 PM.
    I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

Re: Introducing......

Love the pictures! Looks like you had a lot of help decorating . The dressed up pup and the cat in the fridge were my two favorites!

In terms of starting a rescue - it looks like you are already on your way. Lucky animals!

Hope you have a safe and happy holiday season!

Holli
      Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Happy Holidays Debbie! you are so big hearted!
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Love it. I've been away for so long, didn't even know you had another doggie.

Merry Christmas and the best for the new year.

Louise

Comment

Awesome card!
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

It's official, I'm a foster.

I called the local organization after seeing they were taking strays in. Turns out they aren't but explained the situation and they made me a foster of the 4 cats. I can get them free medical through the organization PAWS. I take them in to get fixed tomorrow. I'm so nervous so please pray they are ok. I'm not comfortable having major things done anywhere but at my trusty vets. But it's too far a trip and would be extremely expensive. All the kittens were adopted which was great to hear. There photos are posted on there adoption page now too.

A few weeks ago we had that polar vortex(love the name) and snow so there was this one cat Moo thats been out there for along time. He watched us bring in the others and Joeys been talking about bringing him in for months. He's the last one out there (i always say that, lol). He must have hurt his paw and was sitting on the front step covered in snow so I went out with my "rescue" kit and grabbed him. He was acting a little mushy, but everyone said he was just relieved to be inside and was catching up on sleep. The other night I told Joey that something wasn't right and I wasn't taking Moo to get fixed because I think he needs to see a vet. I brought him in for testing the other day and explained about his paw but apparently they were only testing and said to make a appointment for their vet, whatever. Well yesterday morning I went down to let the dog and a feed everyone, i had no glasses on, p.j.s on, hair sticking up, no coffee and Moo is covered in watery blood. I flipped, ran outside and screamed MOO is Bleeding repeatedly. ( Passersby probably thought there was a murder). My neighbor came over and said she'd take him in to work with her, she works for a vet. Turns out he had an abscess under the fir from cat bites. He seems to be feeling today thank god.

Dog has fleas, again! Pia and Chooch are doing great...and flea free. They are definitely keeping me busy.
              I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

Congrats Debbie! You do have a heart of gold!
                Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

I got a call from a friend the other day. He found a dog tied to a fence with a woman's leather belt in a bad neighborhood. He asked if I could keep her in my garage overnight until he brought her to the vet. Of course I says yes. She was very very skinny. I named her Molly, and she is the best dog. She looks like a giant version if my Casey. So very sweet and cuddly. He picked her up and took her to the vet and is healthy! The vet will probably adopt her. So, another happy ending.

Molly

Ok update time.

Luigi was red flagged at the vet. They said he's aggressive towards them.

None of the cats get along so they all have I be separated. Here's pia and chooch

Here's simon

My stray fosters. It's amazing how scared they were and now they are so happy. I can't believe they were even living outside fir so long.

Clyde

Betty (the mommy cat)

Moo-he was so scared of bring inside. He was so sick and had that bite wound that ruptured. Here's his before and after. He loves me now.

Bonnie

Comment

Love happy endings, I can see some of Casey in Miss Molly.

Luigi - look at those big baby eyes! Can't imagine him having an aggressive bone in that cute little body of his.

Moo - I got a kick out of his first picture. He certainly looks a bit more trusting and comfortable in the second.

A lovely bunch you have - they are lucky to have you. I can see a career in a non profit organization as something you'd be a natural at. Good luck in your searching!

Comment

Hope everyone is doing well. Just popping in for an update and to checkup on the pups. Please tell me why I have to keep getting dogs with food issues... Luigi won't eat unless it's cat food! He has fleas again too! He's been on revolution every month so don't know why he keeps getting them. He scratches patches are so he must be allergic. Everyone else is doing great! I still have my 4 fosters, but have rescued and placed a few more and kittens too.

Update time!

This is Giancarlo.
                      Great cat found by a neighbor and brought to me, of course. Found him a hone in less than week.

This is Lola. She's also in her new home.

This Franco. He's leaving soon.

And here's the crew Luigi after bath

Chooch

Pia-the queen

Moo

Take care everyone!
                      Last edited by nibbles-mommy; 07-21-2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

what a special group

they all look happy
                        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Lucky bunch! Love all the pictures. Hope you can contain the fleas. Suspect a flea allergy with Kinser too...will have him itching and chewing himself raw.

Comment

The cats are so pretty but Luigi is a doll baby!
                            Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

they are so beautiful!!
                              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Wanted to pop in and wish everyone happy holidays, and a happy, healthy New Year!!

From the crew-

Comment

Working...
                                X