Heart Murmur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heart Murmur

The echo went well and as expected it is a leaky mitral valve. Right now, it is not causing the heart to enlarge or have problems pumping blood. Eventually, it may and will worsen but she still may live out a full life without a noticeable problem. There is a drug that she could take that could be helpful - he said the studies haven't definitively proved it to help in a measurable way but theoretically it should and it won't hurt. But, I don't know about it - I would have to research it more and see what my IMS thinks. For now, I think the best course of action is to wait and maybe have another echo in a year's time and compare the measurements to see if there are any changes. It went pretty much as expected. The biggest thing is knowing exactly where the problem is and how big of a problem it is at this time.

She was so good - he just went on and on about her. I was nervous because with her puppy mill history, she can be snappy with new people especially when she is fearful. All of her work with the positive reinforcement trainer is paying off.
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Re: Heart Murmur

Good to know just what the problem is, Amy. Positive reinforcement can help a lot, a lot, a lot; glad you found a trainer.
      http://www.coherentdog.org/
      CarolW

Comment

Working...
      X