Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poll: How and Where you test your dog's blood sugar

Base of tail; no device just a 26 gauge lancet, meter is one touch ultra
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Where: Base of tail
      Lancet: 26 gauge. Alpha Trak2
      Lancet Device: Alpha Trak2
      Setting: 4
      Meter: Alpha Trak2
      Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Where: base of tail
        Lancet: 26 gauge
        Device: yes
        Meter: Alpha Trak 2 and ReliOn Prime
        Margaret; Teddy is a 10 year old 40 lb. cockapoo; relion-Novolin-N 2x - 17 units; Natural balance fish and sweet potato; blind from cataracts and glaucoma

Comment

Where - Inner top lip both sides, near canine teeth. Wipe lip first to help blood form a bead and stop it being slimy
          lancet device - One Touch
          Lancet - One Touch Ultrasoft, I think they are 29guage (thin)
          Setting - deepest (9)
          Meter - One Touch UltraEasy. When compared against the vet's analyser it was almost spot on.
          Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

where: inside upper lip, just above canine tooth, alternate sides
            lancets used: 26 gauge
            lancing device: Relion Prime
            setting: I take off the outer cap that has the settings. This may be the same as the highest setting, I don't know, but it works better for me.
            meter: usually Relion Prime, AlphaTrack if low (experimenting with FreeStyle strips)
            Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

Dog lays down, I stand over it's back (leg on each side), facing same direction as the dog.

Where - Inner top lip, right side, near canine teeth. Wipe lip first.

Lancing device - One Touch

Lancet - One Touch Ultrasoft, it doesn't say what gauge on the box

Setting - 4 for Soaphie, 5 for Sydney (on scale of 1 to 9, 9 being the deepest)

Meter - One Touch Ultra2
              Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Where: Elbow callus. She never flinches here.
                Lancet: Relion
                Lancet Device: None - just use the lancet
                Setting: NA
                Meter: One Touch Ultra 2
                Denali: 13+ yr old spayed black lab female. Diagnosed Diabetic 02/06/13. Denali:One Dogs Journey With Canine Diabetes This little girl is the light of my life.

Comment

Where: Elbow callus. He doesn't even notice it.
                  Lancet: OneTouch Delica 33 gauge
                  Lancet Device: OneTouch
                  Setting: 7 (it's such a fine gauge lancet and his callouses are so thick that I need that setting)
                  Meter: OneTouch Verio IQ

Comment

Where: where front dew claw used to be or back foot
                    Lancet: OneTouch Delica ---but use the lance without the device
                    Meter: OneTouch UltraMini

Comment

Where: Ear (and must have boiled chicken as a reward)
                      Lancet: AlphaTrak 26 gauge
                      Lancet Device: N/A just use the lancet
                      Meter: AlphaTrak 2
                      My handsome boy is Colt. He's a 4 yr old 98 pound Husky Pyrenees mix. He was diagnosed on 2/14/14 and is currently on Novolin-N twice a day with meals and still working to find the ideal dosage and levels.

Comment

Elbow callouse, he does not even feel it.
                        Ben wgt. 45 lbs. Puggle diagnosed 1/15/14 Hills Science Diet W/D with smaller topper of wet Novalin-N 13 units b.i.d.

Comment

In upper lip. I tried the elbow callous but didnt get any blood.
                          Daytona-9 year old black lab. 101 lbs diagnosed 3/14/14

Comment

Lip & elbow callous.
                            Milo 28 pounds. 7.5 units 2x per day. 1 cup WD wet. 1/2 can WD wet. (each feed). 11 years Rat Terrier

Comment

The underside of the top lip above the canine tooth.
                              Used the ReliOn 31g lancets freehand, without the device.

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

on his ear..and boy when you hit that vein just right you get tons of blood..
                                sherryandfred.. in memory of fred he was a rat terrier that lived life with diabetes for 4 years and being blind for most of his life..he finally crossed the bridge on april 2, 2014 and will be missed greatly...

Comment

Working...
                                X