ReliOn insulin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ReliOn insulin

I just purchased ReiOn Humulin N at 24.88 in Northwest TN today.

As this was my first purchase at Wal-Mart Pharmacy I asked if I needed to change my prescription over and they told me that I didn't need a prescription to buy it.

This one only my second time to buy insulin since Doby was diagnosed.

Comment

Being aware of the switch, I was in Sam's Club today (just bought a vial of Humulin 2 wks ago) and stopped by the pharmacy and instead of asking if they had any Humulin N, I just said I'd like a vial of....the girl opened the fridge and seemed shocked that they had none No explanation, just that they didn't have any. So I just went on my way...just really wanted to see if they were out....I didn't try at the Wal Mart though, figured they would be out also.

Comment

Originally posted by JayneN View Post
        Being aware of the switch, I was in Sam's Club today (just bought a vial of Humulin 2 wks ago) and stopped by the pharmacy and instead of asking if they had any Humulin N, I just said I'd like a vial of....the girl opened the fridge and seemed shocked that they had none No explanation, just that they didn't have any. So I just went on my way...just really wanted to see if they were out....I didn't try at the Wal Mart though, figured they would be out also.
        Possibly the Pharm. tech, or helper, just looked for ReliOn/Humulin-N, and didn't look for ReliOn/Novolin-N? We might have to educate them to the change.
        Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Sorry I didn't post after I talked to my vet. Been busy since school started. Back to work. Ugh lol! She said the Novolin is fine. Just to be watchful when starting a new bottle (when the insulin is a little stronger and at the end of the bottle when it is a bit weaker. That is the same with the Humulin also. She assured me that it won't be a problem. Hope this helps. Blessings, Janice

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
            Humulin insulin is made from a non disease producing strain of E.coli bacteria that's been genetically altered, and I believe Novolin is derived from yeast that's a special form of genetically engineered wheat.
            http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Category:R-DNA/GE/GM
            Every once in a while, I have to stop and just marvel at science and what we can do. I take all of this for granted in my daily life, but isn't it just amazing?
            Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

Working...
            X