Hi Jenny,What is "benefibre" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Jenny,What is "benefibre" ?

Hi Jenny, I was learning from others for feeding diabete dogs with healthy food and I saw your post as per below and I just want to know what is benefibre ?

What is it made up ? Sorry for my liberty but I am from China and this word is not in my dictionery ...

Hope you can see my CALL and revert soon , thank you so much !

----QUOTE----Buddy also started out with the WD, it was expensive and not easy to get when I needed it, so like Tina, I checked around and changed to Science Diet Lite. I worried about the lack of fiber so I used Benefibre to add to the meal. I used this diet successfully for 4 years and then changed to Science Diet Mature (still adding the Benefibre).
    Jenny
    ----UNQUOTE----

Re: Hi Jenny,What is "benefibre" ?

Originally posted by rachel View Post
    Hi Jenny, I was learning from others for feeding diabete dogs with healthy food and I saw your post as per below and I just want to know what is benefibre ?

What is it made up ? Sorry for my liberty but I am from China and this word is not in my dictionery ...

Hope you can see my CALL and revert soon , thank you so much !

----QUOTE----Buddy also started out with the WD, it was expensive and not easy to get when I needed it, so like Tina, I checked around and changed to Science Diet Lite. I worried about the lack of fiber so I used Benefibre to add to the meal. I used this diet successfully for 4 years and then changed to Science Diet Mature (still adding the Benefibre).
    Jenny
    ----UNQUOTE----
    Benefiber® is a brand of fiber supplement similar to Metamucil®, Citracil®, etc.

Some diabetics use it to slow down, or smooth out, the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream.
    Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Hi Rachel,

I think that was a post of mine that you quoted but I have only just seen your question so sorry for not replying sooner.

Benefiber is as explained in the post above just a fibre additive. It is here in our supermarkets and chemists because it is a product for human use. There are many other brands and even ion the health food shops you can get all sorts of fibre such as psyllium husks. I used the Benefiber because it dissolved completely and didn't seem to change to taste so Buddy didn't know he was even getting it on his food.

Jenny

Comment

Thanks for your reply FARRWF & JENNY, I will check and see whether I can get it ,hope it works to my ICE, too !!

Comment

Originally posted by rachel View Post
          Thanks for your reply FARRWF & JENNY, I will check and see whether I can get it ,hope it works to my ICE, too !!
          Rachel: Make sure you get the sugar free kind if you can! Judi
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Hi Rachel, I use Metamucil in Willie's diet. It's clear and doesn't have a flavor so he doesn't even notice it.

Comment

Thank you Judi & Wilbur, I found it in TAOBAO in my city and it suh as EBAY

Also I would like to try to make healthy diet for ICE by myself now

How about broccoli+carrot+pumpkin ?

Raw or Boiled ?

Comment

Working...
              X