Maddie has passed... May 14, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maddie1972

I am so sorry to hear about Maddie. I'm sure that Sparky met her at the Bridge, showed her around, and shared some of his very best high fat, high sugar treats with her.
    Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

sorry to hear

run free Maddie. know you are loved
      Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
      20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

you worked very hard to solve maddies difficulties . a valiant effort .

glad she is not suffering and in a place where that does not occur .maybe if you look up tonight you will see her star smiling back at you
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Re: Maddie has passed... May 14, 2015

I am so sorry to learn of Maddie's passing and know the heartbreak you are going through.

From your descriptions of Maddie's blood sugar and other issues, I feel pretty certain that there was something much worse than diabetes going on with her. I know that's not a comfort, but I do want you to know that I don't think anything you could have done would have changed what happened. For many of us, that something came later - cancer in our dog's case. And the only thing that was helpful to us when that time came was that the cancer was diagnosed a couple of weeks beforehand so we knew why.

If, now or later, you would like to share your life with Maddie with us, we would be privileged to know more about her.

My diabetic dog has been gone almost seven years... takes my breath away just to think how long it's been. I know the pain never goes away. But the memories get sweeter and sweeter each year.

Sending a hug to you and a kiss skyward to Maddie.

Natalie

Comment

I am so sorry. Run free sweet Maddie.

Jake
            13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
            At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Aw, I am so sorry for your loss and your pain, run free sweet Maddie
              Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

I am sending my hug to you.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy but I know it can be even more difficult when you've done all you could and it's still not enough. RIP sweet Maddie. May fond memories help your heart heal with time.
                  Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

So sorry to hear about Maddie's passing. You have my deepest condolences, and Godspeed to Maddie.
                    Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

So very sorry to hear this - I know it is horribly painful to lose them. I hope in time that you will have memories of happier times to comfort you.
                      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind words. She will be greatly missed. My other two fur babies are lost also. It's hard to come home and not see her at the door waiting for me with a sock in her mouth or have her come over to be petted and slowly inch her way up so she could have her butt scratched. She thought she was being smart by giving you her head first but I always knew what she was up to. She was my baby for 9 long happy years and I will never forget the joy and happiness she brought to our family. I know she is at peace now and it was the best thing I could of done for her. She will always hold a special place in my heart.

Comment

My heart is breaking I am so sorry for your loss

Comment

I am so sorry for the loss of Maddie!
                            Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Working...
                            X